V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will all believe that I am bashing PM once more for my 3 month long ordeal with Wally`s Wankers and the lack of support by PM..................well you are right! ha!

Seriously though, I have the PM 13" Disc and 6 pot caliper on the bike and no amount of break in will get the pads to work.

In comparison to the stock Harley unit, the 6 pot caliper is simply no better, and I went with a 13" disc believing that it would be far superior and lighter than twin discs and while the latter is correct the brake just does not perform as expected.

I believe that changing the pads will improve it somewhat but I was expecting much better braking from this unit.....The noise from the drilled disc is also a pain and was not expected from this supposedly industry leader????

Ozzie
 

·
05 FLHTCI
Joined
·
345 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble

Oz,

Man have you had a rough time. I am thinking about some of the same upgrades on my dresser, like better brakes and possible suspension upgrades to take some of the pig out of my hog.

Hope you get the bike the way you want it before you run out of money!:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Fu<k me Oz!
What ever you did in a past life seems to be catching up with ya.That or you're a Collingwood supporter.Lol.:spank: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
71baldboy said:
Fu<k me Oz!
What ever you did in a past life seems to be catching up with ya.That or you're a Collingwood supporter.Lol.:spank: :cheers:

:crying: Its worse than that Baldboy!!!!!!!..........I am a Carlton supporter!!!:crying:


Merry xmas bro..............Ozzie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
BaggerDave said:
Oz,

Man have you had a rough time. I am thinking about some of the same upgrades on my dresser, like better brakes and possible suspension upgrades to take some of the pig out of my hog.

Hope you get the bike the way you want it before you run out of money!:cheers:
Merry xmas BaggerDave.....................in all honesty, the above is a true reflection of my findings with the PM Front caliper...................I thought it would grip like sh!t to a shovel...........I will change pads to see if this improves anything and will go with the Lyndell pads that everyone on here is raving about, then and I will come back on here with my findings............

All the best, Ozzie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,232 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
You will all believe that I am bashing PM once more for my 3 month long ordeal with Wally`s Wankers and the lack of support by PM..................well you are right! ha!

Seriously though, I have the PM 13" Disc and 6 pot caliper on the bike and no amount of break in will get the pads to work.

In comparison to the stock Harley unit, the 6 pot caliper is simply no better, and I went with a 13" disc believing that it would be far superior and lighter than twin discs and while the latter is correct the brake just does not perform as expected.

I believe that changing the pads will improve it somewhat but I was expecting much better braking from this unit.....The noise from the drilled disc is also a pain and was not expected from this supposedly industry leader????

Ozzie
Ozzie -

DAYUM!!! If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have none!:badmood:

While a lot has changed for the better over the years, the problems you're having keep reminding me of the overall shitty quality of aftermarket parts I experienced in the 70s. I'm sure you remember... nothing ever fit without some mod, shoddy materials, insta-rust, bad paint, breakage... I worked at a dealership parts counter.

I just can't believe the problems with PM stuff though, and especially the poor customer service. A while ago there was an episode of Corbin's Ride On - I think it was - and they featured PM brakes... how great they are, etc. Oh well.

The good news is that you're working off some seriously huge karmic ju-ju... (I'm really reaching here Oz... here's hoping you're riding that :chopper: real soon.)


GC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FXDRYDR said:
Ozzie -

DAYUM!!! If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have none!:badmood:

While a lot has changed for the better over the years, the problems you're having keep reminding me of the overall shitty quality of aftermarket parts I experienced in the 70s. I'm sure you remember... nothing ever fit without some mod, shoddy materials, insta-rust, bad paint, breakage... I worked at a dealership parts counter.

I just can't believe the problems with PM stuff though, and especially the poor customer service. A while ago there was an episode of Corbin's Ride On - I think it was - and they featured PM brakes... how great they are, etc. Oh well.

The good news is that you're working off some seriously huge karmic ju-ju... (I'm really reaching here Oz... here's hoping you're riding that :chopper: real soon.)


GC

When buying PM.........nothing has changed!!! Had to make completly new spacers to get the wheel to sit in the correct place with the beautiful Perse Performance Lower Legs...........................I did expect to do this though.

I am so pizzed off about the PM wheels issue that I will now either sell the bike or take anything PM off the bike.........................it hurts so much to look at that rear wheel that I just dont enjoy the ride any more and to think I waited 25 years to be fugged by PM...............................

Ozzie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,232 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
When buying PM.........nothing has changed!!! Had to make completly new spacers to get the wheel to sit in the correct place with the beautiful Perse Performance Lower Legs...........................I did expect to do this though.

I am so pizzed off about the PM wheels issue that I will now either sell the bike or take anything PM off the bike.........................it hurts so much to look at that rear wheel that I just dont enjoy the ride any more and to think I waited 25 years to be fugged by PM...............................

Ozzie

OOOHHH Ozzie!!!

Don't sell that scooter!! Just sell the PM stuff! There's gotta be other alternatives -- even plain old OEM spokes until you can shop in-person and ensure you're getting the right stuff.

I can't imagine you bummin rides across the desert... or riding "bitch" on some metric on a run across the Middle East!!! LOL :yikes:

All the best my friend!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
........ and was not expected from this supposedly industry leader????

Ozzie
PM is an industry leader? Who proclaimed that?PM? LOL! They make alot of junk, I know there are alot of online complaints on alot of their parts. I could go off on their wheels and all the problems I had with the set I bought with the chrome chipping and lifting, and the junk bearings they used. I replaced them with a set of Revtech's that are supposed to be "junk" as I was told. But 80,000 miles later they still look brand new, and the bearings are still running perfect. And I paid less than half what I originally paid for the PM set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Not my experience

Sorry you had a bad experience with the PM brakes, I have a 04 Road King that I replaced the stock dual brakes with one PM 6 piston and 13" disc so I could show off the 18" PM Hooligan chrome wheel, the bike stops better with the one PM brake than both of the stock 4 pistons with 11.5" discs. The wheel bolted on with no problems, fit perfect. I know when you change to any custom front end you run the chance of variables vs. stock. As far as Wally World goes, there's a big difference between internet companies and real dealers. Sometimes the money you save with the internet companies isn't worth the expertiese of a real dealer who installs aftermarket stuff all the time. Better luck next time.
Tedinator
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Tedinator said:
Sorry you had a bad experience with the PM brakes, I have a 04 Road King that I replaced the stock dual brakes with one PM 6 piston and 13" disc so I could show off the 18" PM Hooligan chrome wheel, the bike stops better with the one PM brake than both of the stock 4 pistons with 11.5" discs. The wheel bolted on with no problems, fit perfect. I know when you change to any custom front end you run the chance of variables vs. stock. As far as Wally World goes, there's a big difference between internet companies and real dealers. Sometimes the money you save with the internet companies isn't worth the expertiese of a real dealer who installs aftermarket stuff all the time. Better luck next time.
Tedinator
Hey Tedinator..................I raced bikes for quite a number of years at superbike level............know a little bit about brakes and what works and dont work...........off the shelf your 6 pot caliper is not working with the controls I bought..............I suspect it is the controls causing this..........and I am honest enough to say this, but I have just spotted another bike here with the same controls and a 4 pot caliper of yours so will track the guy down and try his brake to see if in fact I have a DUD!

You know if you aholes at PM stepped up to the plate and answered my initial questions and helped me rather than fob me off to the supplier, this may all have been a different response.

My wife picked those Monaco rims..........................and again I can not believe a left side brake system and left side Monaco rotor and a left side Monaco Pulley would be sent out by you people with a standard rim IN THE SAME ORDER! without you people at least querying the order........after all it is your product........so dont you want to make sure the supplier that you are shipping your product to gets it right with his CUSTOMER.......AFTER ALL ITS YOUR NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this cost me our seasonal runs over here............................I lost so much time waiting for a replacement wheel to arrive.....................that you were going to deliver in your own sweet time and that I still dont have because you would not help me out that I will never buy your products again!!!!!!!!!!
You and Wally`s Wankers thought you were going to make me squirm a bit well you were very successful!!!!!!!!!! so be proud that you fugged one of your customers around, now pay the price!!!

I have a left side brake setup that is a paper weight! I have a left side rotor that is also a paper weight! I have a standard rear wheel with the stock rotor and brake that looks like crap! I have a polished front 13" rotor on a chrome rim and it looks like crap!! - I ordered a Chromed 13" Rotor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111..................and what did you do to help??????????????
Tell me to go back to my supplier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

So just how did you all at Performance Machine expect me to be happy about any of this?????

Ozzie
 

·
Doing time, behind bars!
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
AMAZING or NOT?

Tedinator said:
Sorry you had a bad experience with the PM brakes, I have a 04 Road King that I replaced the stock dual brakes with one PM 6 piston and 13" disc so I could show off the 18" PM Hooligan chrome wheel, the bike stops better with the one PM brake than both of the stock 4 pistons with 11.5" discs. The wheel bolted on with no problems, fit perfect. I know when you change to any custom front end you run the chance of variables vs. stock. As far as Wally World goes, there's a big difference between internet companies and real dealers. Sometimes the money you save with the internet companies isn't worth the expertiese of a real dealer who installs aftermarket stuff all the time. Better luck next time.
Tedinator
I am constantly amazed how many new members can be joining the forum and coming out with a FIRST post in support of certain items or suppliers at the EXACT time these discussions are taking place; coincidence :unsure: or troll? :dunno: time will tell......... :coffee:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Hi tedinator and welcome to the forum.:welcome:
Glad to here you had success with your PM brakes and wheels but if you care to read Ozzies threads you will see how PM and one of THIER retail outlets have not honored their commitments to good customer service.
I'm not sure how far up the chain at PM Ozzies complaints have travelled but anybody with an ounce of good business sense would realise that it would be in PM's BEST interests to put things right after all bad news travels faster than good.
I mean how hard would it really be for a well established brand to fix such a situation?What do you think?
PM may or may not understand the power of the internet and that this forum is made up of many international members who are prepared to spend thier dollars with companies that have delivered good customer service and products and will attempt to resolve any problems in a fair and timely manner.
But the reverse of this is that we expect members who have had poor dealings with companies retail or otherwise to let the rest of us know so we may learn from them and avoid such companies as the after market has many suppliers to choose from.
Merry christmas mate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello Balboy and Snowman...............tedinator is another PM rep........................Ozzie
 

·
Nice to ride again :-)
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Hello Balboy and Snowman...............tedinator is another PM rep........................Ozzie
See that is the Fugging problem, they come on here and hide, with the positive remarks, instead of just saying STOP, we messed up, here to the WHOLE Forum is what we are gonna do.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. come on a rave the product like some kind of chumps.

Look most of the vendors who are sponsors on this board are strait up, go out of the way to satisfy us as customers.

In turn they get almost exclusive rights to large numbers of members who will spend money with them.

PM this is NOT your local Yellow Pages here, this is the Internet think Global.

If you wanna come on here as some kind of sissy and TRY to defend your product it is clearly a shallow and desperate attempt of a shoddy company.

Get it right, set it right and you may get some respect, keep coming on as little girls, and hiding is very sad.

RevTech sounds good to me, you hear that PM?

Maybe that is what your name implies PM, "lights out"

:stupid:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks once again for your support LAF..............these diks just dont get it.............this forum will become the most prominent forum out there in time and that time is not too far away!

It already gets over a million hits per month!!!................so just what are these wankers thinking???

Ozzie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
They only look good...

I cant' agree with you more. I have a 2005 ron Simms custom with PM 4 piston calipers, and I have a 2006 Harley Street Glide with Dual PM 6 piston calipers. The PM's are no better than the stock Harley calipers. As a matter of fact I believe that my stock calipers did a better job than the PM's. I only have them because I love the way they look. As far as customer service goes, in my opinion they are the worst. I called them on 12/27/05 and wanted to order a pair of hand grips. The first person that answered the tele. said they had 14 pairs in stock, put me on hold and never came back. I then called back and was told by a different person that the part was on a 2 week back order, they put me on hold and never came back on. I then called back a third time and was able to order the part. I wasted an hour that I didn't have. I can't believe how bad the customer service truly is. It usually starts at the top and trickles down. God only knows...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to the forum Fat Sled15.................sorry to hear of your troubles and theLACK of Performance from Performance Machine...........gone down the drain I think.

Happy New Year from Ozzie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
New parts

I too purchased the PM twin 6-pot calipers and PM twin 13" discs precisely to alleviate the brake fade I am experiencing. I have an '05 RK custom and prior to the RK I had a K1200RS with phenomenal brakes. I am planning on putting the parts on in the next week or so. But I will not be able to test them since I'm in Chicago and I probably won't ride until March or so (unless I get a Balmy 40 degree day). Now I don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling after reading this thread but I'm hoping for the best (not necessarily stoppies).

Adrian
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top