V-Twin Forum banner

Plug Reading

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  catfish42071 
#1 ·
Could any of the tech guru's help me out and tell me what they think of my plugs. I am running a 95” With all SE parts. Performance heads, forged pistons, 258 cams, 10:5 comp, and so on. Oh and a Rivera Mikuni 42 kit

While running steady at about 3000-3500rpm I get some popping from the pipes and thought the bike might be a little lean. But to me the plugs look ok except for the white ring at the tip of the porcelain. (But who am I)

Thanks in advance.

Front-left -- Rear-right

See less See more
#4 ·
Are those Splitfire plugs? Get rid of them and use either Harley, Champion, Autolite, or another major brand for your motor.

#6 ·
billgran said:
Are those Splitfire plugs? Get rid of them and use either Harley, Champion, Autolite, or another major brand for your motor.
Thank you for all of the reply's. Those plugs are actually SE Platinum's. All versions of SE plugs come that way.

#7 ·
I can't take a picture of mine..............but i took them out for a reading today. the ground strap was still the clean copper color with a litte rainbow to it. it was clean almost to the end of the strap and when it met the base ring it was a very dark dry brown, almost black. the porcelain was clear white. Mine did not have the chocalte brown color on the strap at all showing the range of heat. it was clear metal. i guess i am running to hot a plug. Everything on my bike is stock and I am using Autolite 4164. Good thing was both front and rear look the same. please help.....:hmmm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.