V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well these are old plugs before I changed everything. So before the work I did yes I ran octane booster in it, why? I thought using it would alleviate the sound I was getting. At the time I didn't know it was a lifter making the noise. Fast forward to after I did the work I did and the carb was jetted really rich, the plugs looked black like a rich condition, jetted down 2 sizes and now I am at the point of the picture. I have 2 new plugs to put in tomorrow. I still get some chugging between 2k and 3 1/2k rpms. I now run ethenol free gas with no additive. I guess it would make obvious sense to put the new plugs in tomorrow and see what they look like. I feel I'm getting a lean spit and once I get to the main jet it runs so good I just need to work out the low rpm issue. Right now I'm running a .280 intermediate jet, a 70 main, and a 66 air bleed. It's almost there. If I'm in neutral and try to rev and hold 2,500rpm it starts to chug or spit. I know this because It happened when I adjusted my timing which was off 10°

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally before I replaced the cam etc. I was trying to stop a noise I was hearing and many suggested higher octane, so I was adding Lucas octane booster for a couple tanks worth of fuel. Now I am running ethanol free 90+ octane. Headed to pick up my new plugs. I'll run it and see what they look like. I feel like maybe a 66 air bleed is to big? It came with a 40 installed. 2k-3 1/2k rpm is where I get the issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's odd I just set the timing a couple days ago and set it at 0° advance. Would putting new plugs in have any influence on that? I set the timing with the old set of plugs. I don't think it would but what do I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts