V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 street bob has been cutting out intermittently while riding the engine will cut out for a moment then come straight back on causing a slight jerk when this happens the speedo needle will go to zero then back up to my speed, this can also happen when clutch pulled in or in neutral but wont come back on although will start straight away.

also, muffler sound become a bit louder!!!!!:unsure:

·
Registered
2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom, 2015 BMW K1600GTL
200 Posts
My 2016 street bob has been cutting out intermittently while riding the engine will cut out for a moment then come straight back on causing a slight jerk when this happens the speedo needle will go to zero then back up to my speed, this can also happen when clutch pulled in or in neutral but wont come back on although will start straight away.

also, muffler sound become a bit louder!!!!!:unsure:
First thing is to check the battery connections. Make sure they're tight and the ground is good. You could also have a bad sensor, like O², but I think you need to check for codes to be sure.
(I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure someone on here will)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,382 Posts
As said above, check the battery connections, then pull the codes and write them down. Clear the codes and ride the scooter until it acts up again. Then see what codes returned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SuperT,
I've been having this issue intermittently for over a year on my 2014 Dyna WideGlide. It would throw random codes that would never pan out. The bike would go completely dead then magically turn back on with no explanation. It did it to me today and left me on the side of the road for about an hour until I figured out the problem. I'm assuming the 2016 Streetbob and 2014 FXDWG have very similar if not the same harnessing. It turned out to be my main fuse harness contacts. They had opened up over time and weren't holding the main fuse well at all. Check and see how well those contacts are holding your fuse. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts