V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and stop charging me 15 bucks.

Yes, I am one of the fools that put up 15 beans for the ability to see some of the pictures posted.
And a week or so ago, I, like everyone else was unable to log on to the site.
Was it that difficult to email the members with a brief explanation?
Ok...maybe.... But how about the ones that are "PAID" members...
Too difficult to email them with an explanation"?????

Guess what?!!! I don't really give a sh!t as to why it was shut down, just consider this my request for a removal and if I am charged again, I will send it to my credit card company and call it a fraud case...

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Turn off your subscription in your paypal account. Paypal will automatically pay your membership when it is due. This is a function of PAYPAL not the site.

I guess you missed the front page that contained the explanations. And when the database was unavailable how do you think they would have been able to get everyones email address?

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
springer- said:
Turn off your subscription in your paypal account. Paypal will automatically pay your membership when it is due. This is a function of PAYPAL not the site.

Thanks.... I didn't know that.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
moondognyc said:

Yes, I am one of the fools that put up 15 beans for the ability to see some of the pictures posted.

Guess what?!!! I don't really give a sh!t as to why it was shut down, just consider this my request for a removal and if I am charged again, I will send it to my credit card company and call it a fraud case...
Hmmm... Not sure where you logged into, but I was able to see an explanation as to what happened to the site. If you went to http://www.v-twinforum.com/index.html
you would have seen the explanation. Of course it's not there now since the site is back up and running. Sorry your having a pissy day.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Springer, stop being so damn quick on replies. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I was a little confused as well as to what was going on. I saw the message on the front page, but it was never updated and was over 5 days old when it finally did come up. It would have been nice if the message was updated daily so we had an idea of what was going on. I was starting to wonder if it was every coming back. I checked other forums and couldn't find any info there. I didn't check the Doof forum, they probably were discussing it.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jockeyshift said:
Hmmm... Not sure where you logged into, but I was able to see an explanation as to what happened to the site. If you went to http://www.v-twinforum.com/index.html
you would have seen the explanation. Of course it's not there now since the site is back up and running. Sorry your having a pissy day.
I don't know you... Please don't act like a twat towards me....

If my comment offended you personally, I'm a little confused. If you were a paid member somewhere and were never offered a reason as to why something you paid for is not able to be used by you, you may be a little "pissy"...

...on the other hand, if you feel the need to defend the actions of the board, I suggest you try a social gathering to make friends....and yes...banning me would not be a problem. This site is run by washwomen. Disagree and your post gets locked up..... what a friggin' joke.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
moondognyc said:
I don't know you... Please don't act like a twat towards me....

If my comment offended you personally, I'm a little confused. If you were a paid member somewhere and were never offered a reason as to why something you paid for is not able to be used by you, you may be a little "pissy"...

...on the other hand, if you feel the need to defend the actions of the board, I suggest you try a social gathering to make friends....and yes...banning me would not be a problem. This site is run by washwomen. Disagree and your post gets locked up..... what a friggin' joke.
Your comment didn't offend me at all. There was a reason the site was down and it was posted for all to see. I am a paying member and just because the site went down, I didn't cry like your doing now. Grow up. And what the hell is a "washwomen"?

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
:hystria: Ding, ding, ding. We have the founding member of the piss and moan forum . . . . . Look at me, look at me, I'm pissed . . . .

Lefty

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by Lefty
Ding, ding, ding. We have the founding member of the piss and moan forum . . . . . Look at me, look at me, I'm pissed . . . .
Agreed. And referring to another forum member, moderator or otherwise, as a "twat" seems a bit beyond the pale.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ever since my Army days, my wife knows I do laundry better than she does...... does that make me a "washwoman" ??? :huh: :hystria:

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
moondognyc said:

You are being a little touchy. With a minimum of investigation, you could have looked at the main page of the website and you would have read that the site was down. This is the internet. when a site goes down, it's down until it comes back up.

Try to relax more.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Not jumping to anyones defense but I didnt see much of an explanation of why the site was down on the main page. It didi say it would be up in X amount of time which had expired. I'm just glad it is back up. People need to relax. I am sure there have been some lessons learned here and if it ever happens again, maybe people wont have such an exteme panic attack.

Too much b!tchin here, Go out and ride!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Things break on the internet, but paying members could have been notified by a mass email, it would have been a polite thing to do. That being said, i am not going to get my jock in a knot over it.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
jockeyshift said:

@gree: :RTFB:

I thought it was pretty self explanatory. I've been here since 2002 and this site is still one of the better ones.

·
EVOs are cool
141 Posts
Washwoman

I used to have a crush on actress Katie Holmes, until Tom Cruise got a hold of her. Now she's a brainwashed Scientologist washwoman with a harried look with dishpan hands and wearing an apron. A real shame. Another hottie gone cold.

I did not know she was running this site, but now it appears that she may be. If so, I am encouraged. I'm hoping she'll take charge of her life again and once again be a hot babe worth my time.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts