V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put the SE 204's in my night train and im sitting at a stop light yesterday and you can hear it ticking away (tick tick tick tick) when u bend down buy the gas tank it gits louder and louder... what the hell would it do this for...
did the dealership mess up my bike... plus its got a ton of vibration now i cant even see out my mirrors yet like 2 weeks ago i could its been gitting worse and worse... threw the 2 weeks.....

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
What else did they do? Did they use quick install pushrods? If so, may be they are not adjusted correctly, or one may have backed off. I would take it back and have them make it right. Should not have gotten any noisier, and the vibration is not right either.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
If they removed the pipes to get to the cam cover theymay have them mis aligned. That would give you vibration, the ticking could be lifter noise.

·
Registered
294 Posts
When I put the 204s into my bike, I did not tighten one of the adjustable push rods good enough, It was ticking like mad, thought I was going to break something, did not run it much.

If the pushrods are adjustable and have loosened, you will want to have them looked at really quickly. It will get worse really fast.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
When you first start it or shortly after feel the Push Rod Tubes and see if you have a rub there.

Exhaust leak on that front head, even small, makes a racket.

I like the heat shields and exhaust/muffler brackets/bolts on this kind of noise.

After that would have to start looking at push rod adjustment and/or lifter problem or just the new "they all sound like that" sound you get with the new cams:whistle:

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took it to the dealer and thay lisened to it and said it was fine but i swerre it seams louder to me it clicks like a fast clock but thay said it was normall buti think there smokin some of the good stuff im takin it to a diffrnet dealer, im thinkin of tradin it for a springer anyway i like the fat front tire up front and the square fenders NICE,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts