V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of people who only remember what happened6 years ago when they see the nightly news every september 10.i look innto the sky all the time and see that hole. i remember the smell and........................ stay safe and be well,rob

·
Registered
180 Posts
Roger that

My flag flys 24/7 but it is especially necessary to express solidarity on this date...................{salute(

·
Wanderer
448 Posts
Dude, as a building engineer in NYC, I was in NYC the day it happened and saw the towers go down from the roof of my building. Seeing the soot covered walk past me, the smell of gas in ther air. I can't forget.

I just wish the asssholes in Washington wouldn't either.

Fly the flag.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
You should lower it to half-mast between sunrise and sunset.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yes, and roll a copy of your Constitution up on a spool cause that's when we really started wiping.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
not exactly proper to lower flag

fourhour said:
You should lower it to half-mast between sunrise and sunset.
Unless there is a proclamation by the President lowering the flag to half-staff in observation of 9/11 would be improper flag etiquette.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
airman said:
My flag flys 24/7 but it is especially necessary to express solidarity on this date...................{salute(
DANG SKIPPY! First thing I did when I bought my new home was install an American Flag on the front porch.

{salute(

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
toybox99615 said:
Unless there is a proclamation by the President lowering the flag to half-staff in observation of 9/11 would be improper flag etiquette.
Although not the official guideline (we use the guidelines that are included in the box they are shipped in) used here in my work place (hospital) I found this: http://www.gettysburgflag.com/FlyFlagHalfMast.php

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,011 Posts
24/7 here as well. And just so others don't forget, I got a tattoo on my right arm. Nothing fancy, just "9/11/01".

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tomorrow

FatBobRob said:
There are a lot of people who only remember what happened6 years ago when they see the nightly news every september 10.i look innto the sky all the time and see that hole. i remember the smell and........................ stay safe and be well,rob
bump........................................................................{salute(

·
Seasoned Wrench
509 Posts
Hey, just saying in case some people don't know....If you fly a Flag, you should never let the sun set on it. Either have a light on it when the sun starts setting or take it down. Don't fly a flag in the dark without it being lit up.

peace--

1 - 13 of 13 Posts