V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all received your email from the Admin today. For whatever reason David has chosen to fight the MOCO. It's not enough that he built this site from his own pocket or that he refuses to make it a subscription based site, choosing instead to spend countless hours monitoring and editing the site, always improving it for free. Now he's faced with having to consider dipping even deeper for legal help.

I guess as Harley owners we can all sympathize with someone who becomes a little obsessed with their hobbies, at the detriment to our pocketbooks, and the Old Lady's (OM's) new kitchen floor/ HDTV.

Yeah, a naked chick car wash , or a chili cook off (cause i would win) would be great... someday. Fact is Dp is up against it NOW. Come on boys and girls, click on the paypal---------------------------------->
pull out your platinum and send over a couple of bucks. That's all he needs. Remember the old saying; "a little from many can mean alot."
More importantly it will show DP that the site means a little more to us than just a visit to MSNBC or IWON. Speaking for myself, this site is worth a subscription, just on the savings I have received from reading the posts of some very knowledgeable folks here. But David is right that if I was required to pay before I got a chance to really spend some time here I would have clicked on, never knowing what I was missing.

· Registered
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The legal battle over who will eventually own this site is really not relevent to whether you choose to donate to help this site stay alive.

The pressing issue is that David has been forced to remove the advertising from the site which had helped pay for his out-of-pocket expenses. If David decides to fight a legal battle over this site that will be another issue all together.

So please don't hold back your "two cents" because you think the MOCO legal team will put the site out of buisness. DP still has 90 days to comply with the deadlines "proposed" by the MOCO. In the meantime DP will continue to run this site as always, however he has made some changes to comply with certain aspects of the MOCO demands, the most important being that the site must be "non-commerical." If DP chooses to eventually "redirect" the domain name, a very minor change technically speaking, his investment in this site will be "redirected as well."

That's the last I'll say on the subject, I'm starting to sound like those guys on PBS.

PS. JimmyK, It hardly seems fair to have a chili cook off with you: you will get to taste my far superior recipe, while all I'll get is a mouthful of yours (and the blue ribbon of course). Hee Hee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.