V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we will be offering to the public plated big bore 95 kits. we take a set of
tc88 cylinder and bore out cast liner, install aluminum sleeve and the replate liner. this gives you better heat tranfer and better sealing surface
for the rings. this is currently beieng used by nascar/porshe/ bmw.
these cylinders are expensive. they will be in the $600 bracket.i have
been told harley is working with concept also. we plan to offer
95 in bores and 4in bores plated cylinders.
short-block charlie

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I know this is the thing for water cooled motors, but how well will this stand up to the rigers of air cooling? The technology has been around for years why did'nt Harley do it for the TC when they frist came out? The weight saving for hot sports bikes was a key factor along with heat transfer that allowed the Japs to run verry high CR in there motors. Personaly I feel that the drag racer types would benefit the most from plated holes. True?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree with you. it has been use in bmw air cooled engines for years.
i feel its the matter of cost,why harley did not do it and they wanted me
to bore out tc88 cylinders so i could have something to do.no really
it giong to become an epa and emmision issue in the future. when cylinders do wear out you will have to replace or replate.also dont
tc88 engine run a bit hot.it just an option for custmers,i do not feel
they will be big seller sbc

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
What type of plating would be applied to the liner.. ?? I know that most shy away from the aluminum cylinder do the expansion problem., and wear issue. But if the liner would be plated hope fully not chrome though.
I know that from speaking to and owning several set of AXtell cylinder's and they work fine . Why change?? Are these made more for racing only type applications?? What about time of rebuild boring and replating at that time or just exchange cylinders. Would like to know more about them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we have had the cylinders nikasiled. this is best plating i have
found. we use this type plating in all our engines that are replated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts