V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were going to take our usual trip to mexico this december, but the hurricanes have pretty much done that plan in. The better half and I have turned our attention towards flying the bikes down to vegas and doing some touring in that area (in december).
I've spent some time in vegas over the years, but never done any touring - any suggestions that you can offer up re: good/bad idea and what routes/attractions to go see (we have seven days and need to end up back at vegas in order to have the bikes crated and sent back) would be much appreciated.
Thanks
BigG

·
Registered
901 Posts
I rented a bike from LVHD and spent a half day riding around. 8 hours on the bike was a lot cheaper than 30 minutes at the crap table.

Went down to Hoover Dam/Lake Mead. (stop off in Boulder City and have a coke).

Went out West to Red Rock Canyon. Take lots of pictures. Stop off over at Bonnie Springs and Blue Diamond for a coke.

Up NorthWest to Lee Canyon. (Don't hit any burros).

·
Registered
903 Posts
We just got back today and rented from EagleRider. Hoover Dam was a nice short ride and next time out there we're going to the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Valley of Fire, about an hour north of Vegas, best $6 entrance fee you will ever pay. This is the perfect time of year. Go early in the morning, pack some snacks and drinks and plan for a long day of sight seeing and flower sniffing. Camera is a must. The native american petroglyphs are worth the trip.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
BigG said:
We were going to take our usual trip to mexico this december, but the hurricanes have pretty much done that plan in. The better half and I have turned our attention towards flying the bikes down to vegas and doing some touring in that area (in december).
I've spent some time in vegas over the years, but never done any touring - any suggestions that you can offer up re: good/bad idea and what routes/attractions to go see (we have seven days and need to end up back at vegas in order to have the bikes crated and sent back) would be much appreciated.
Thanks
BigG

hey toronto..we did the Vegas tour last april...trucked the bikes down (about 16 of us)...then split up into smaller groups...after 100 miles of desert IMHO you have had enough desert.......but California has it all....wouldn't go into the the mountains as there's snow and cold and we have enough of the shite here) ...so if you stay to the south, and off the big freeways...make it over to the coast...you'll love it...so much to see and do..A days ride from VEGAS you have tons of things to see ...Grand Canyon stuff like that..
we had some pretty nice days in Arizona...(Laughlin ect)
BTW no need to crate the bikes up...too much hassle/cost... if you need a good road carrier PM me i can recommend one for you.....price is right too!

somes to overplan a trip is a bad idea...just make it up as you go..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts