V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two schools of thought and wonder which is easiest. Would you install the pistons on the rods and then slide the jugs over them like the manual says or install the pistons in the jugs and slide it down over the studs and then install the wrist pin. Revolution says it's easier the second way!

Thanks, Dave

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
The second way is MUCH easier. It helps if you have a buddy to hold on while you put the wrist pin clip in. Then just drop the whole thing down.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
I find it to be a piece of cake to do it the first way. But you need the right ring compressor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just did mine a couple of days ago. Inserted the pistons in the jugs, left them sticking out enough to get the wrist pins in (already had a circlip installed - Very important!). Slid the whole thing down and inserted the wrist pin. Did this by myself - no one around to help! Wasn't too bad...

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
What Flash said. I did the same method last night. The rear piston had to be up in the cylinder to get over the studs, but then it was easy.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Installing the pistons in the jugs and then slide the whole thing on worked for me. My -2$en#e-

Alperin1

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll try the pistons in the jugs trick! Never too late to learn somethin' new.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts