V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the tool but I'm still can't get the buggers in. Anyone have advice on how to get them in without a sledgehammer!

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
I used a screwdriver and needlenose pliers. Get one end in and work your way around like putting a tire on a rim.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Use a dental pick. That's what I used. Works great. Dewey taught me that one.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
criclips

After fighting with a pair of needle nose and screw driver for way too long, I ended up using my thumbs to get it in the bore and then a small screw driver to seat them. The dental pick trick sounds like a try though, but I hope I don’t have to mess with them for awhile!

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Roadster_G said:
After fighting with a pair of needle nose and screw driver for way too long, I ended up using my thumbs to get it in the bore and then a small screw driver to seat them. The dental pick trick sounds like a try though, but I hope I don’t have to mess with them for awhile!

Greg
Dental pick, awl or scribe.... whatever you have in your tool box.

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot! I eventually got it. The trick is to have a beer first! Then I just push them in by hand then used the tool to seat it. I double checked that they were seated.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
It would be a no brainer for the MoCo to use these instead. This kinda stuff pisses me off.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
The tool does work but it took me a while to figure it out. After the clip is inserted in the tool, you force the clip/tool into the recess with the CLIP perpendicular to the recess - don't place the end of the tool squarely into the recess, you'll find the clip won't go in. Once the clip is in, you might have to seat it with a small screwdriver or awl.

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts