V-Twin Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'14 Electra glide, 8000 miles. Mods are a hi flow 360 air intake and Rhinehart pipes.
Purchased the Extended service warranty and they won't pay for the motor because of the dyno and mods.

I picked up the bike after the dyno tune was complete. I drove 5 miles and a piston blew apart. BOOM, nee engine is 6k according to the dealers service manager. He says when the insurance inspector looks at the bike he is 99% sure it will be denied.
Can the dyno burn out an engine due to lack of air to keep engine cool?

WTF!!! HELP?!!
Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson, y'all suck donkey d*#k!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I can see how insurance will refuse the claim. The dealer should step up, but you can't make them, probably not unless you can prove negligence. Yes the engine should be cooled with fans while running, but can you prove they weren't. Damage from a dyno run is a chance you take and why it's important to have a tuner that knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
His best bet, would be to,, file the claim at the dealer,,, choose Jo's words wisely, and hope for a forgiving adjuster...

He made every mistake possible,, no one has any duty to assume liability for his poor choices... the dealer has no reason to. "Step up" they bad no hand in thiz..

I would deny his claim based on what has occurred..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.