V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a generalized answer on what types of pipes provide what types of power characteristics. For example it is my understandind that a 2-1 Pipe is not good for low end torque. It is also my understanding that a short Ripsaw or Ground Pounder type pipe is also bad for low end torque. However it is my understanding that these types of pipes are great for high rev HP. Try to make some generalizations. It will make the laymen (like me) understand the balance between decent sound and excelent power.

My reasoning behind this post is that I am looking for Pipes for my 03 Deuce. I am not the type of person that is going to be getting a stage II kit right away. However if I choose that option in the future I don't want to have to replace my pipes. I am also not the type of person that wishes to set off every car alarm in a ten block radius. I would like a low powerful you know it is a Harley sound without being obnoxious (no insult meant to you guys that wake me up a 2am :cool: ). Point me in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What my stealer has told me is that most 2-1 will give you better low end performance where a 2-2 will give you better high end HP. Seems like that is what you are seeing too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts