V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you bunch of FXR Cult Members its time to put your thinking caps on and help a fellow cult member out. I am going to change my pipes. I want my cake and eat it to.

I am looking for a set of pipes that will not effect my performance, kill my valves, I want them loud as hell and as cool as ice. I was thinking about a style similar to the pic below.

Any ideas or suggestions? I will be installing hard bags so keep that in mind and I have mid controls....brake pedal front of points cover...

Pics to come soon

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I know this aint my bike but this is what I was thinking....I have not made up my mind yet but I would like your opinions. I DONT like the 2 into 1 pipes. Too stock looking....

NOW THIS BLUE MEAN MACHINE BELOW IS MY BIKE. I PASTED IT BELOW TO GIVE YOU A VIEW OF WHAT i AM WORKING WITH....

·
Registered
569 Posts
If only Bassani made their Pro-Street pipes for an FXR you'd be set.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If only Bassani made their Pro-Street pipes for an FXR you'd be set.
One for a '90's dyna will fit, you may just have to mod up a rear mount bracket though. Having said that, be sure of course to get one for a mid mount bike if you have mid mounts and one for a fwd cont. bike if you have forwards.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I have Vance&Hines Shortshots on my '91 FXR. They seem to perform pretty good. And yes, you usually can modify Dyna pipes to fit also.
I used to run drag pipes with power cones but guys I rode with complained about the noise...
Not as many pipes for FXRs to choose from as there once was :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
one answer ....thunderheader
[/IMG]

·
Registered
569 Posts
One for a '90's dyna will fit, you may just have to mod up a rear mount bracket though. Having said that, be sure of course to get one for a mid mount bike if you have mid mounts and one for a fwd cont. bike if you have forwards.
I didn't know that! Very usefull info, thank you.

I know from experience that 2-1 Evo softail pipes will fit Twin Cam Dynas will just a little teaking after the collector section.

I've modded Vance & Hines Pro pipes this way, and thunderheaders too. See here:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ill second the thunderheader.. although they could sound a little meaner.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'90's dyna will fit huh? I wonder if I get a short stack and place a weak baffle in them with glow tips?

As to that 2 ito 1 style.....not for me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know that! Very usefull info, thank you.

I know from experience that 2-1 Evo softail pipes will fit Twin Cam Dynas will just a little teaking after the collector section.

I've modded Vance & Hines Pro pipes this way, and thunderheaders too. See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-nJw2v9DU0
I wonder why the guy didnt rev his engine?

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I have V&H bigshots with a power chamber that increases low end torque like a 2 into 1 pipe, yet has the sound and look of a 2 into 2 pipe.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yo....CuMoFo...........I found what you said does not exist dude.
Big Poppa said you can use a 90's Dyna Glide pipe with mid controls to do the job.

·
Registered
147 Posts
holeshot choppers in sac has a wicked. 2 into 1 that is made for them by Bub called "Raw 1" that's priced at 399 I think.
www.holeshotchoppers.com/pipes

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
holeshot choppers in sac has a wicked. 2 into 1 that is made for them by Bub called "Raw 1" that's priced at 399 I think.
www.holeshotchoppers.com/pipes
I am looking for 2 into 2 not one. 2 into 1 reminds me of the j*p bikes.....I like the dual old school.

As for loud....We never get bothered in Fort Lauderdale......they have real crime to fight!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check mine out in the link below. Vance and Hines has a badass reputation for making some badass pipes just ask anyone on this forum. Although some will still vouch for their reputation for sure.Even the guys or gals they do not have them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts