V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here is a question for you exhaust gurus.

I have Rinehart true dual exhaust pipes. In looking at them yesterday, I noticed that the end of the right pipe extends 3/4" further than the left one. I thought they were supposed to end up the same length relative to the rear fender.

Is there adjustment where the tailpipe mounts onto the header?

To correct this, I am thinking of removing the left pipe cover, removing the clamp, sliding the tailpipe backward to match the extension of the right pipe, install a new clamp, and replace the cover. Is this correct?

Are the clamps universal? Can I use a harley clamp or must I order the Rinehart one?

Also, if silicone was used, what is the best way to break the seal?

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
geoffreyt said:
I was looking at your website. I was struck by the "New Stebel Compact twin tone air horn" for $35.95 plus shipping. I was wondering how it fixes to a bike. I have an Sportster and I have not settled on a replacement horn yet. This one looks like it could do the job. Was it easy to adapt?
And here I was hoping for an answer to my exhaust question.

I'm not sure how it would work on a sportster... not much room. But then, I wasn't sure if it would work on the King. I figured it was a $36 experiment.... happily, it worked out. How easy??? Everything on this bike is a pain in the a$$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.