V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here is a question for you exhaust gurus.

I have Rinehart true dual exhaust pipes. In looking at them yesterday, I noticed that the end of the right pipe extends 3/4" further than the left one. I thought they were supposed to end up the same length relative to the rear fender.

Is there adjustment where the tailpipe mounts onto the header?

To correct this, I am thinking of removing the left pipe cover, removing the clamp, sliding the tailpipe backward to match the extension of the right pipe, install a new clamp, and replace the cover. Is this correct?

Are the clamps universal? Can I use a harley clamp or must I order the Rinehart one?

Also, if silicone was used, what is the best way to break the seal?

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I was looking at your website. I was struck by the "New Stebel Compact twin tone air horn" for $35.95 plus shipping. I was wondering how it fixes to a bike. I have an Sportster and I have not settled on a replacement horn yet. This one looks like it could do the job. Was it easy to adapt?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
geoffreyt said:
I was looking at your website. I was struck by the "New Stebel Compact twin tone air horn" for $35.95 plus shipping. I was wondering how it fixes to a bike. I have an Sportster and I have not settled on a replacement horn yet. This one looks like it could do the job. Was it easy to adapt?
And here I was hoping for an answer to my exhaust question.

I'm not sure how it would work on a sportster... not much room. But then, I wasn't sure if it would work on the King. I figured it was a $36 experiment.... happily, it worked out. How easy??? Everything on this bike is a pain in the a$$.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I see they also offer some real cool HELLA lighting. Sorry I dont know the answer to your delima. Im sorta new to bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Check the adjustment for the pipes at the hangers under the bags, see what you have there.
{From your pitchers, I replaced the side covers with black ones, it gives the bike the appearance of being lower, gets rid of the verticle lines}

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fourcats said:
Check the adjustment for the pipes at the hangers under the bags, see what you have there.}
Also note that you should be able to center the muffler slides within the hangers, once you’ve loosened the muffler clamps such that the mufflers can be adjusted. Sometimes they don’t want to move easily, so it may require dismounting them from the hangers so that you can attempt to rotate and slide them to where they need to go. I don’t know how a silicon treatment might add to your difficulties, but I shouldn’t think it necessary to reuse if you find any used there.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.... I'm going to give it a go as soon as I get the redesigned starter bracket from Rinehart. I have to take the pipe off anyway I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts