V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'll be getting a fuel injected Roadking by April, and I'd like to know what a good set of slip on mufflers would be along with that computer chip. Don't know much about the chip itself. Is the chip the best way to go? Or a power commander? And as for the pipes, I like the sound and performance of the Thunderheader I have on my Fatboy now,and what's a good set of slip ons that will give me the same sound and performance?
Thanks for any replies,and happy holidays to all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Road King

The RK has dual exhaust and the thunderheader will eliminate the left side so as long as you are ok with that look, then you can put a thunderheader on the RK. You can buy a thunderheader with a false left but at $800 it's really a waste.

Hooker Tuneable slipons www.holley.com sound great and you can adjust them for HP or TQ, V&H makes slip ons that sound very good and make great power. Khromewerks.com HP+ slip ons are a good source.

Chip wise skip stage I and put in Stage II so you are ready for cams from HD and a big bore at any time. You'll get more fuel and less timing than stage I but why spend the $$$ twice if you plan future upgrades.

A powercommander is really only necessary if you want to make significant changes, higher lift cams, heads, 2-1 thunderheader would be considered radical compared to slip ons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts