V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2000 Super Glide and I am trying to figure out what pipes it has on it, and if they are any good. Being that this is my first Harley I have no idea. I am looking to spend some Christmas money on the bike and am not sure if these pipes are good, or if others would be better. They look and sound fine to me, but I am more concerned with performance.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Those look like Vance & Hines Staggered Straight Shots. They are equal length pipes with an internal removable baffle.

I have read that those produce good power, and are a good system.

I would take the Christmas $$$ and spend it elsewheres.......CHROME!!

Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
yep, they look like V&H straightshots to me. If you want a deeper sound try taking out the baffles (if there is any) and stick in some Thunder Monster baffles....love those things. Also, don't forget about the V&H Hot Tips that are available for the straightshots. I have a set of the slash cuts and they really improve the look.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I beleive all the vance and hines pipes have their name on the rear pipe on the top of it. I remember seeing a pipe that looked like it but can't remember who made it. I think the bottom line is do you like them, sound and looks. I'm not sure the power difference from one pipe to another is that great.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Nice scoot!

Awesome......that scoot would look fantastic with a Chrome Thunderheader! Like the paint man.....

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
drdevon said:
Awesome......that scoot would look fantastic with a Chrome Thunderheader! Like the paint man.....
Did someone say chrome and thunderheader???

LOL

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts