V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crazy problem I have a 05 softail deluxe and I had long shot pipes and on the lower pipe about were the Passenger foot peg is the pipe became discolored thats from the front head .So I bought new true dual fish tails and had a power commander and dyno done and its doing the same thing in the same place any ideas thanks

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Pipes will discolor, period. I had V&H Bigshots on my '05 softail. Couldn't really see the pipes because of the chrome heat shield covers. The bike was well tuned, ran cool, but still the pipes at the headers looked like they were bruised from repeated beatings. Do the pipes you mentioned have heat shields? If not, if you want a solution, get pipes with heat shield covers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have seen many V&H longshots with this problem-exactly the same spot-my brothers FatBoy- same problem- V&H replaced the first set- then blamed the tune the second time...so brother bought V$H tune kit...same thing after following all of the instructions- he ended up living with it-sounded awesome! Looked like crap. Lefty is right, most pipes discolor- heat shields, or a different style of pipe is a good answer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts