V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck the 2into1 Vance and Hines on the Deuce today, removing the
Samson Street Sweepers.. Wanted to play around with the performance..
Well I found that the 2into1 out performs the Samsons hands down all around the power band...Even with torque cones, the straight pipes are flat in many parts of the powerband. Sounds great (at times a bit loud..like when your next to a police car!), and the straight pipes look awesome, but theres something to be said for performance. The Vance and Hines 2into1 for sure performs good. Looks decent (IMHO).
Not quite loud enough (anyone with suggestions on how to make better noise with it?).. I think I'll stick with it for a while.. I can't decide..
nickp.
NOW:

BEFORE:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
IMHO that 2 into One looks GREAT on that bike!

You are used to more noise but less performance. Give these some time to break in some. They tend to increase in volumn after about 2.5K.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
American Wire Wheel

is the manufacturer. They're 21 inch rims, I think 40 spokes. They're
called the 'Super Spokes'. I bought the rim complete with hub and everything. It wasn't cheap. $800 without tire. Luckly I was able to use my factory front tire.
Thanks for the compliments. She's my baby!
nickp.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Re: Pipe preferrence...

NickP,

I'm partial to the Street Sweepers since I'm running them on my built FXDX. The Pro Pipe seems to jump off the bike at you. Still pretty just the same!

The Samsons are more appropriate for a big inch, hi-comp mill and as you said, somewhat flat in the torque dept.

If you want more music from the Pro Pipe you can pull the end cap and baffle, remove the fiberglass packing and replace the baffle and end cap.

All in all it's your call! Run what you like.

By the way... She's a pretty b!tch!!!

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not loud enough? Man I envy you guys that can handle the noise. I'm guessing you have the standard baffle in the pro pipe. I'm not sure if this is the case now but you used to be able to have a choice of three baffles for the pipe..standard, torque or competition. looking inside from the back of the pipe you'll see a perforated cylinder with a cap at the end six to eight? inches in [ maybe more but the exhaust gases go around the cap and through the perforations and exit at the back of the pipe. The torque baffle has a shorter cylinder..and less perforations and more back pressure. The competition baffle has no end cap and the perforations are more slots to baffle the air out, flows well for high output motors. Looking at your bike it appears that springing for another baffle wouldn't be a problem....[not meant as a slam] I'd go with the comp baffle but have the standard baffle for when you get sick and tired of all the noise. As previously posted you can remove the fibreglass and if you want to get adventureous you can drill out the end cap of the standard baffle. This may impact on the output of your motor. That's a nice looking bike you have there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts