V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this seat? It's a replacement seat made by the MOCO PN-52231-04A.
Is it much of an improvement over the stock seat? It's priced right ($229) in comparison to the other well known aftermarket seats.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8 Posts
pillowseat

i have the pillow seat on my 06 lowrider and love it,price was right,and i thought i'd try it out,much better than stock low rider seat,don't know about wide glide seat.give it a try,:thumbsup:
 

·
Chrome is the New Chrome
Joined
·
280 Posts
I have one on my '05. Much better than stock.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
V-Twininator said:
I have one on my '05. Much better than stock.
Hey V-Twininator, Thanks for the reply. Tell me some details:

Does it change your position like move you forward at all?
Does it provide a lot more comfort on the long rides?
Most important, Is the passanger seat a lot better for the long rides?
 

·
Life is short pray hard!
Joined
·
131 Posts
I don't have the pillow seat, but I just ordered the Sundowner. I think either seat is a vast improvement over stock. Do a search and you will find a lot of reviews on these two seats. I also wanted to mention that you should check Zanotti for this seat. I just looked it up on their site and they sell it for $182.56 including shipping ~!Awesome!. I just ordered my Sundowner seat from them, they had it in stock and I will have it Friday. I have ordered from them before and been very happy, great prices and service. Here is a link to their parts lookup page.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php

Good Luck on the seat!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starbound said:
I don't have the pillow seat, but I just ordered the Sundowner. I think either seat is a vast improvement over stock. Do a search and you will find a lot of reviews on these two seats. I also wanted to mention that you should check Zanotti for this seat. I just looked it up on their site and they sell it for $182.56 including shipping ~!Awesome!. I just ordered my Sundowner seat from them, they had it in stock and I will have it Friday. I have ordered from them before and been very happy, great prices and service. Here is a link to their parts lookup page.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php

Good Luck on the seat!
Thanks Starbound, I just looked the Pillow Seat up and they have it for $166, I don't think I'll beat that price. Even if I don't like it I should be able to recover most of the cost at that price.

Ride Safe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,064 Posts
There are better seats out there. Why would you give the moco another chance to make you uncomfortable?
 

·
Life is short pray hard!
Joined
·
131 Posts
route66paul
I don't want to speak for anyone else, but for me it came down to cost. I read a lot of good reviews for the sundowner seat, and it was hundreds cheaper than the competition. The sundowner retails for $269 and I could buy it for $210 from Zanotti. The mustang touring seat retails for $419 and the Corbin Dual Touring retails for $499. For me it had nothing to do with supporting the MOCO, it came down to reviews that I read and cost. Are the other seats better, maybe? If I don't like this seat then I have the freedom to sell it and buy a different one. Get off the MOCO:nunu:, if you don't like them then sell your Harley and ride something else.
 

·
Chrome is the New Chrome
Joined
·
280 Posts
JRA said:
Hey V-Twininator, Thanks for the reply. Tell me some details:

Does it change your position like move you forward at all? Slightly higher than stock due to thicker padding
Does it provide a lot more comfort on the long rides? Yes
Most important, Is the passanger seat a lot better for the long rides? Absolutely , said the married man
See above..........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Everyone! I'm gonna go see the dealer this weekend and ask if I could try the Pillow Seat and the Sundowner. You all have a safe ride this weekend.

Joel
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top