V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some pictures of my ride that I can post. These were taken just before heading off to bike week at Myrtle.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! She is sweet and has been a blast to ride. A blown left rear shock from the factory has been the only hiccup so far. Knock on wood.

Jmbaker3,

No, those are not the stock bars. I had a set of Heritage replacement bars put on. Changed the handling of the bike completely. In my opinion, it was a vast improvement. No more middle back pains either.

·
Crazy as a Bastard
223 Posts
mill540

No, those are not the stock bars. I had a set of Heritage replacement bars put on. Changed the handling of the bike completely. In my opinion, it was a vast improvement. No more middle back pains either.

jmbaker3...I put the Harley aftermarket Road King bars on mine which are about 3 inches higher and 1` 1/2 inches narrower...the height is fine, but they are too close, 30 inches...think I need about 32 to get my palms more on the handles...now I need to get rid of the lousy seat, thinking about Corbin, just lots of bucks.

·
Crazy as a Bastard
223 Posts
roadkinghd said:
JM...She is sweet....! What do you call her?
thanks, "Lots of Bucks"...chrome forks, sold the whitewalls and went Black, added cruise control, added the siren for the security, white bros., lowering kit, changed handelbars(still not satisfied), stage one, carbureted(which spits and misses to often), put on Sampson Silver Bullet tappered pipes, installed rear turn signal to brake module, smoke lenses on front turn signals, uhmmm, seems like I spent a lot more money than that!

Anyone looking for a beautiful 2000 Wide Glide...I got one would like to sell...it too is loaded and well maintained...photo attached

·
Registered
187 Posts
jmbaker3, have you checked out the Wild1 chubby 508 bars??

I installed them on my rkc and I really like them, here's a pic of my bike with them.....

·
Crazy as a Bastard
223 Posts
I have been to the Chubby web-site, would like to see a set I could sit down and try out before I buy. Guess they work ok with the cruise control, since I believe your bike has it...correct? I added cruise to my standard FLHR...did you install the bars, or dealer? JB

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey JmBaker !

Got any shots of Jessica while yer at it? LOL!

Sorry the devil made me do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
JMNAKER

who makes the turn sig -brake module? sound like a good idea. the more lights back there the better. here in conn. its so crowded you need all the lights you can get.been looking at the back-off . does yours have the blink at intervals feature for the brake light?

·
Registered
187 Posts
jmbaker3 said:
I have been to the Chubby web-site, would like to see a set I could sit down and try out before I buy. Guess they work ok with the cruise control, since I believe your bike has it...correct? I added cruise to my sta
ndard F
LHR...did you install the bars, or dealer? JB

JM, I installed the bars myself, they have to be internal wired, but it's no big deal, and no problem about the cruise control. I'm 6' and the 508's fit me just right......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts