V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have the gunfighter and lady on their FXR?

If so, can you Please post a couple of pictures, THANKS !

I have 8 days left to decide if I'm keeping the wide touring Mustang solo saddle.

Currently I don't think that I'm going to.

1) I don't like the way it fits or looks on my bike
1a) it leaves a big gap between the nose of the saddle and the tank
1b) it looks bulky and bad from the back of the bike. You can still see the two fender mounting holes behind the solo - fender bib helps, but I still don't like the look.
1c) the latch system doesn't work - seems that the side panels on the 2000 fxr4 are a little higher (maybe) and come into contact with the latch so it doesn't hook. This leaves the sit open and raises up when you get off the bike - which only makes it even less attractive
2) It raised me up so now instead of being flat footed at stops I'm on my tippy toes
3) It's too wide in the nose area and spreads my legs too far apart. This is mostly noticeable at stops. When riding the seat seems very comfortable and has good support overall.

I've been looking at the Gunfighter and Lady, and from the pictures, they look great on the FXR. I'd like to hear from anyone that has mounted on of these on the FXR.

How does it fit the frame?
How does it fit up by the tank?
How's the ride/comfort?
Does the OL/SO like it, and find it comfortable ?

TIA
Mikey

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
dont know if this is the gunfighter you are taking about, its the one from Bar Enterprises.

I replaced my Mustang Regal Seat with this one. REally puts you down into the bike and the millennium foam is very comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang it - i'm too cheap I guess

bigjailerman said:
dont know if this is the gunfighter you are taking about, its the one from Bar Enterprises.

I replaced my Mustang Regal Seat with this one. REally puts you down into the bike and the millennium foam is very comfortable.

The one that I've been looking at is the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady ..... but I'm happy to consider all of them !!

I'm not able to view your picture , can you send me the url, or post the picture directly ?

Thanks for posting !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts