V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
AMEN.................and Thank you. Can never be said enough.

·
Registered
886 Posts

That is the most powerful picture I have seen in a long time.

Throw out all the political BS.

Right there is a son who has lost a father,
he does not need to hear that his dad 'died for nothing'.

Let the family grieve, and we should honor that sacrifice.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
I know what y'all are trying to say but I'd rather see the kid jump into daddy's arms like that video we had a few months ago.
Shades of 3 year old John-John saluting at his father's funeral 44 years ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
(United States Air Force
1981 - 1984
304x0 - Wideband Communications Technician
Hessisch-Oldendorf, Germany (Yep, H.O.G.)
609th Tactical Control Squadron - We were a Mobile Radar site
Worldwide Deployable
N.A.D.G.E. (NATO Air Defense Ground Element)
Cold War Warrior
Amazing that after over 20 years how easily I remember it.

The Bad Munder Radar Site (where 609th was located when not deployed for NATO war games-yep, we slept in tents, played the games, in the mud, snow, or heat depending upon what time of the year) does not exist anymore.
Hessisch-Oldendorf Air Station (where we, 619th & 629th TCFs billeted), and the 600th CSS was located does not exist.

We were a GSU and the East Germany border was only about 60 miles due east of Bad Munder.

Most interesting memory: Seeing 2 MIGs do a fly over our site, I wasn't smiling for their cameras. Reds caught the Allies with their 'pants down' that day, they were in & out of West Germany air space within 3 minutes.

Most unforgettable memory: One of the plane crashes (this one an F-4) I was deployed to for setting up secure communictions. Story goes that the pilots had two choices: 1) Eject out of the barely-controlable aircraft and live. 2) Fight the controls of that S.O.B. all the way down. When control was lost, the plane was going down, heading for a civilian elementary school. They were able to get it 'turned' to go down into a nearby forest ~1000 yds from the school...they went with it.

The Cold War has turned into a distant memory for many in the U.S., and some news pundits even question whether the 40 year effort meant anything.

For those two pilots and everyone who served to keep Europe and the World free from Soviet aggression...damn straight...we made a difference...it was worth it.
Sorry about being long-winded. I salute all my brothers & sisters who in the past and present have worn the uniform of the United States military.

1776 - 2007: 231 years and countin'

TiJon / TimmyD / DVO)

{salute(
Strange you,of all people would think it was for nothing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
PR3VS56
where can I find that second poster, the serviceman in prayer?
Would like it for my high school Sunday school, alot of the young guys are struggling with the idea of joining the service{salute(
Also , thanks for the link to Black Sheep....no chapter here in the St. Louis area, but we can try!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
That picture says alot. Powerfull is an understatement in my eyes, yet I'm sure a feeling common for the families of our solders lost everywhere across the globe. We can do what we want here because they are covering our asses.... everywhere else.

As was said above "God bless our soldiers and their families...."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts