V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been busy and did not get time to post up the final pics.

23 inch front tire be cool fender that we trimmed and made it look the way we wanted for a rider. Having a fender just off the ground looks cool until you hit a pot hole or man hole and rip the fender up.

I have dropped front end 1.5 inches and may lower it just tad more. I have lost nothing in the handling department what so ever. Yes the turns are just a bit wider as the bike is longer. Nothing that has effected me in any way in terms of parking lot riding, or slow moving traffic etc. Thus far I have had the bike up to 140 MPH via GPS and stable as a rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
So no cutting? Just triple trees? And which ones did you use, bike looks killer.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is correct a true bolt on billet neck and tree kit. There is 0 mods done to any of our stock parts!!!! No cutting the neck off a 20,000 dollar bike, nothing like that at all. We have been doing the installs and body work as well. That is what is called a pro street kit the other kit is only trees and no neck kit.

Let me know if you want to see it first hand you are in cave creek I will be down on sunday in that area for a birthday party.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can you share what is the difference in the 2 kits? A little to high and être he'd out for my liking. Just my 2cents is why I ask? Thanks for the offer about being in Cave Creek, but The wife and I are taking the little ones to Disney Land. I'd rather see the bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can you share what is the difference in the 2 kits? A little to high and stretched out for my liking. Just my 2cents is why I ask? Thanks for the offer about being in Cave Creek, but The wife and I are taking the little ones to Disney Land. I'd rather see the bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is WILD! It would be cool if you had a picture of you or someone sitting on the bike- better yet - going down the road (side shot) I would like that perspective....AWESOME.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the issue is that to run a 23 inch tire and keep the rack and trail correct it has to be moved out. Now I can tell you that I have dropped my front end 1.5 inchs and that has changed the way the bike looks drastically. BTW the adjustment on height is easier it slides up and down.

I can run the 23 inch tire with only a 12.5 tree kit and that will bring the front center line ( axle) back about 5 inches. I am told that it has no handling issues what so ever. That is the next kit going on my bike. However at this point it is due to be a photo shoot for the new Easy rider bagger mag here in the next month. Once the shoot is done I am going to pull it down and install the tree only kit and see how I like that.

Funny you ask about the riding pic, I have one of me on the bike in stock form, and will be getting another this weekend as it is now to show the side profile. Look for the pic early next week.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
WOW!!!!!!! That is kick a$$! REALLY nice job! A HUGE :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
The link to your church is not working

1 - 11 of 11 Posts