V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 Dyna Low Rider and I need a saddle for touring. I have a Danny Grey seat on the bike now with flame stiching that matches the paint job on the bike. It looks awsome but on long rides its not the best, and the OL starts complaining after 20-30 min. I am looking at the Sundowner or the Mustang Vintage Touring seat. I don't really like the looks of either on the dyna's but I have to have something for long rides. I would really like to see some pics of these seats on Dyna's. I am leaning toward the Sundowner because it is about $100.00 cheaper and from my searches seems to get good reviews. Please post some pics if you would and give me your opinion. Has anyone tried both seats, if so give me the run down on both.

I can get the Sundowner from Zanotti for $210.00
or
The Mustange Vintage Touring Seat for $329.00

Thanks,
Starbound

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FXR4MIKEY for the pictures. I do appreciate it! Yesterday I made the decision to go ahead and order the Sundowner from Zanotti. They had it in stock and I should have it by Friday (9/14/07). I really don't plan on using this seat except for longer rides or when my OL is with me (which isn't very often) so I decided to save a few bucks. I got the seat for $210.00 plus $15.00 shipping. The mustang would have been about $100.00 more. I hope the OL likes the new seat, and maybe she will want to ride a little more. I figure if I hate the seat I can list it on ebay and get most of my money back out of it next spring. I will let you know how it is after I get it and have a chance to put some miles on it.

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my Sundowner from Zanotti yesterday. I will say I think it looks pretty good on the bike, not as good as my Danny Gray flamed seat but for a touring seat it looks pretty good. It is also very comfortable, and the OL liked the width of the rear seat. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but I will this weekend. I will try to post some pictures also if I get a chance to take some. Very nice seat for the price.

·
Registered
357 Posts
looking forward

Starbound said:
I got my Sundowner from Zanotti yesterday. I will say I think it looks pretty good on the bike, not as good as my Danny Gray flamed seat but for a touring seat it looks pretty good. It is also very comfortable, and the OL liked the width of the rear seat. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but I will this weekend. I will try to post some pictures also if I get a chance to take some. Very nice seat for the price.
yeah, ya gotta tell us how it rides, and don't forget to post them pics too,

Thanks

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First impression is very good, but I have only put about 20 miles on it so far. My wife and I are going on a pretty long ride saturday. I will post after the ride and let you know what we thought of the seat. I will also try to get some pictures posted.

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got to try it out this weekend. My wife and I rode for about 2.5 hours no Saturday, with a stop about 1/2 way through. What a great seat!!! We couldn't be happier. :banana: That has to be one of the best seats that I have ever riden on and my wife was all smiles. Before 15min. into the ride she was squirming around and wanting off the bike. This time nothing but praises about the seat. I would recommend the sundowner to anyone looking for a comfortable touring seat, especially if you are on a budget. I will try and get some pictures up as soon as I can, the batteries in the camera were dead.

·
Registered
357 Posts
good on you mate !!!!!

Starbound said:
Well I got to try it out this weekend. My wife and I rode for about 2.5 hours no Saturday, with a stop about 1/2 way through. What a great seat!!! We couldn't be happier. :banana: That has to be one of the best seats that I have ever riden on and my wife was all smiles. Before 15min. into the ride she was squirming around and wanting off the bike. This time nothing but praises about the seat. I would recommend the sundowner to anyone looking for a comfortable touring seat, especially if you are on a budget. I will try and get some pictures up as soon as I can, the batteries in the camera were dead.

Glad to hear that seat works out for you and your wife too !!!
I'll be waiting for the pictures ^rolleyez^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts