V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done putting this thing on, i had a question the 2 breather hoses on the engine that go into the back of the stock intake, as u can see in the pics i just cut them down and capped them with mini-airfilter, which works fine but i was wondering if there was someone who made a part that maybe has a metal tube that comes out of it made for this type of application so they dont move around in the wind, i wanna make it as efficient as possible, thanks.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Is there any support for the throttle body? cant tell from pic. DM does make some nice stuff dont they..

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tubing does block the wind, the front one has support because when it gets hit with the wind it just pushes against the tube anyway, i took it on a test drive around the block and watched it, they didnt move much, but im thinking about a long trip i dont want any problems, plus i think if someone made breather hole screws with metal tubing attached it would look better too than the rubber hoses

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and no, theyre just hanging by the tube... no support it holds pretty good though, but ya im just worried about my sunday adventures and coming across some problems

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
you need to have a bracket that mounts to the throttle body and the two breather holes in each head. If you dont you WILL have intake seals issues not to mention a good chance that baby will be hanging from the throttle cables after about 20 miles! The stock backing plate acted as this bracket from the factory, not sure whats is available aftermarket yet for these.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, what should i do? my intake doesnt go up to the breather holes, i know what youre talking about though my buddy has a intake that goes up to the holes, it wont work the way i have it?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it wont let me view the pic because i dont have the upgraded membership, there a link u can put in?

but jeez i understand what you guys are talking about now, man i feel dumb ya those holes were supporting the throttle body, i understand now

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nevermind i paid the 15 bucks heh, ya i need to get one of those, are they available for my bike? and also, those holes can be plugged? they dont need air flow?

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
CRAZY_TRAIN said:
nevermind i paid the 15 bucks heh, ya i need to get one of those, are they available for my bike? and also, those holes can be plugged? they dont need air flow?
NO!!! the breather holes can not be blocked. If you do it will build some serious pressure inside the motor. Your dipstick might pop out and gaskets start leaking.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
in the picture u posted it looks like the bike just has bolts in those holes thats why i ask if they can be plugged

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks man, i love it, i was kinda bummed because i thought at first you guys were telling me i couldnt use it, i just need to get that support bracket, but the bolts that hold it in, are they hollow or something? how do they allow it to breath?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got some kind of bracket, but it doesnt have the elbows that go up to bolt into the holes, its like a universal adapter that goes on the throttle before the intake incase your holes are different

1 - 20 of 27 Posts