V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the 21" x 3.25" front and 18" x 4.25" rear wheels on. Can't really see the rear for the saddlebags but the stance is good.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Holy Smokes! That is the bomb! Do you feel a difference if the ride? Gorgeous!! Is that black chrome?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Did you have to egg shape the fender mounting hole so the tire would not rub?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Nice look!!!
How about a full side view? I'd like to see the full package from the right side to see what we can of the rear.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
1badbagr, i believe those are hogpro black magic wheels...

Snaps...I do like them!! ALOT! How is the ride report with the new 21 inch...

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Careful with that 21 and TWO front brakes. You can lock it easily now!!

It's a beaut!!!

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
todd comer said:
Did you have to egg shape the fender mounting hole so the tire would not rub?
Yeah, sure did, and the fender still rubs just the slightest bit. I think it needs to go back a little further but there's no more meat left in the mounting holes. I've got a new fender on its way. I was kind of up in the air anyway about going with a wrap style fender, so this was a good excuse.

I like the handling better than the stock 16" wheels. I used to drag the footboards alot, now I really have to work at it. I also think the slow speed maneuvering is easier. If I had to fault the handling for anything it would be that the front has a small tendency to float a bit at around 70 mph. Not all the time, and not enough to bother me, but it's there. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1bdBagr said:
who's wheels are those?
Did you/Are you going to install a lowering kit?
Tim
TXCHOP got it right, those are the HogPro Black Magic Indy wheels.

No plans to lower it. The bike's a Streetglide so it was already pretty low, and I've got fairly long legs, so I kind of like the little bit of extra height.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Fender when using 21" rims

Do you have to change the front fender or doing anything to the rear end when putting 21" rims on? How does it ride now?

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Snaps said:
TXCHOP got it right, those are the HogPro Black Magic Indy wheels.

No plans to lower it. The bike's a Streetglide so it was already pretty low, and I've got fairly long legs, so I kind of like the little bit of extra height.
The reason I ask because if i'm not mistaken the 21" wheel changes the rake/trail a bit. Does the front end feel "light"? I think lowering it a tad helps that a bit....any pros have an opinion/facts on this? Bike looks killer. Congrats!

My next door neighbor just did up his SG. Looks good too.

Attachments

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,015 Posts
SWEEEEET Ride! I think the black lower forks look great. If only I had the money, I'd powder coat a lot of my bike black. And those wheels...WOW!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I love that look. Yes, after lowing my front it helped the lightness go away in the steering at low speeds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts