V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tonight We Dine In Hell!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to thank everyone for their input; I went with the Fat Bob after all.

I've uploaded some pics of the bike when I drove it home from the dealer:

I've been customizing with the skull accessories, posted some before and after shots. All of them are in the album:

Again, thanks!

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Nice ride. I havent even seen a fat bob in person yet. The local dealers get them in and they are sold already and never even make it to the floor. I like the skulls too I cant go into the dealer and not get something with skulls.

·
Tonight We Dine In Hell!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going a little nuts with the skulls; took off the air cover piece tonight. It was pushing outward too much for my taste. I also kind of like the black ring on the stock cover.

But that letter opener thing has to go....

·
Registered
107 Posts
The skulls look good on that bike. I saw one at my dealer a few weeks ago and I really liked it. What is it like to ride with that big front tire? Can you compare it to riding a Lowrider or other Dyna?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I have never liked ANY of the previous Dyna models, but I gotta say I'm digging on this Fat Bob. Real nice. Like the headlight, the beefy front, and those solid rear shocks are super cool too. The touring bikes have their shocks hidden by the bags, I just don't like the looks of a coil shock sticking out there.

Nice bike man.

·
Tonight We Dine In Hell!
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stratfxdl said:
The skulls look good on that bike. I saw one at my dealer a few weeks ago and I really liked it. What is it like to ride with that big front tire? Can you compare it to riding a Lowrider or other Dyna?
I'm afraid I can't help you there; I've never ridden the other models. I went to the dealer expecting to buy a VRod, test rode two bikes (cant recall which now) and when I saw the Fat Bob on the stand I knew that was the bike for me.

I find it to be a great riding bike - now at 500 miles and can't wait for my next ride.

I'll have more new pictures here shortly, just waiting on one more piece. Took off the letter opener from the tanks and waiting for battery cover band replacement.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
stratfxdl said:
Bit early to say as i just got mine this week and only been out once (November in Scotland not the best riding weather :)) First impressions was that it acually felt lighter than my 06 FXDI35 that currently has Michelins & Progressive 440's (although i know its heavier). I expected the steering to be much heavier than the superglide but it feels just as light - could be the steeper rake. Feels just great on the roads we have here - but i recon the big tyres would really suit the roads you guys have over there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts