V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO Nice shield. Hard to see in the pic but very slight tint, very thick polycarbonate, and I would say way more aerodynamic compared to stock.

John is a great guy to talk with and his shields are very nice to say the least.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Geez, man!
Your fairing's broke. Front wheel is pointing at an odd angle and the fairing is pointing straight ahead.
That, or it's the worst case of "fork tweak" I've ever seen...

·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn I thought is was just my driving:whistle:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Nice.

I have one of those on order for my new RG. How long did it take from order to delivery? I think mine has been about a month already. He said they build to order so I was expecting a wait, just curious how long yours was.

·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Road Glider said:
Nice.

I have one of those on order for my new RG. How long did it take from order to delivery? I think mine has been about a month already. He said they build to order so I was expecting a wait, just curious how long yours was.
Yep you are going to wait about four weeks to get it to your door. It is worth the wait. Just forget about it until it gets there.

It comes back at you about 2 inches, really covers the CD Pod nicely. It is a nice shield.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Best windshield I have ever owned. The french curve at the to directs the wind over my helmet. When it rains the rain split in the middle of the shield and flow off to the right and left. Very little comes straight back. Also is wider than stock, the rubber strip at the bottom does not fall off and the mounting is tight. They apply a foam strip on the inside, the entire length to follow inner fairing. Remove HD foam stips. Also leave weldnuts attached to windshield start at left edge and work around shield to right inserting weldnuts into fairing holes. Will need to flex winshield slightly. Then start in middle and tighten, then next right and left of center and finally the end weldnuts. The fit is very exact. I bought a large size and tinted, approx 155.00 plus shipping.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Geez, man!
Your fairing's broke. Front wheel is pointing at an odd angle and the fairing is pointing straight ahead.
:roflback: :beer4u:

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Geez, man!
Yep, and how can he ride during darkness? Headlight always pointing away from the turn......

·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes great shield. Install as quoted. I do have a little bit of problem running it with those tweaked forks but I put flashlights on each side of my helmet because I do look through the turns...............

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Quote "Yep, and how can he ride during darkness? Headlight always pointing away from the turn......

Ahhh... Thats the mystique of us Road Gliders. We ride on the dark side. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand. :nope:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
gkellys said:
Quote "Yep, and how can he ride during darkness? Headlight always pointing away from the turn......

Ahhh... Thats the mystique of us Road Gliders. We ride on the dark side. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand. :nope:
I have had it explained, thought I understood and then forgot the question.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I put one of their shields on my 03 R/G about a month ago. Stock height, light gray tint and the "euro lip".

It's a huge improvement. No more helmet buffeting, thicker and looks nice too. Even my passenger commented that it "worked better". I used my stock gasket, as the one they sent was basically a round tube with a notch in it.

I paid about $160 It was well worth it. Took about 3 weeks from order to delivery...

What really impressed me was the customer service when I ordered it. Asked me my height, weight, riding style and what seat/handlebar combo I had. Also asked me what I wanted to accomplish with the new windshield. John knew what he was talking about...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Here are some shots of my Medium height Shield with light tint. John and Craig are great to work with and their product is the BEST.

The "flipper" really works!:yes:

Dave

·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The more I ride with this shield the MORE I like it. Mine is a medium.

I found out today I am shrinking! Yep yearly physical and I am now down from 5' 10'' to 5' 91/2".

Anyway I have found that the medium shield is hitting into my sight line more than I would like. Flat it is fine, but when going either way on grades, it is distracting. This is entirely my fault and is NO way any fault of ClearView or John.

I am writing this so others can better judge from what I have experienced, and to get some other Gliders experience's.

The Clear View short is going to be 2" lower and this is probably going to be perfect as I had determined that I needed 1 1/2" off this one. I had already cut 1 1/2" off the stock shield before I got the ClearView. The height of my stock cut down shield and this Clear View were very close. The difference I think as John told me, the ClearView shield comes back at you 2", and this may be why I misjudged my size needs.

I am sure saddle type is another consideration as it relates to seating position. I am running a Mustang Touring with Backrest. My inseam is 30" and have stock floor boards. And yes as of today I am shrinking in height.

Like I and others have said it is "all that and a bag of chips, with salsa". ~!Awesome!

It is very solid and does not move around in the wind like my stock did and I thinks with its thickness, and aerodynamics, it adds to stabilizing the front end better. I know I don't miss the top of my old shield vibrating, and bending back at me that is for sure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts