V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is the plan, I will make this thread a sticky so it will always remain at the top. Post a pic of your sporty and what mods you have done to it. I would like to see you edit your post (not make new replies to this thread)as you make more mods. If you need a pic resized post it in the resize thread and I will resize it. Every once in a blue moon I will go through and delete the post in this thread that do not have pictures.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Mine

Mods done:

Laydown license plate frame, Chrome Battery/Ignition/Breather covers , Chrome Handlebar Controls , Custom Clutch/brake lever , Fork bag, Custom Grips , Rear Blinkers Darrell Hayes, Front Blinkers Rick Doss, Kuryakyn Pilot Pegs, Sprocket and Cam Cover, Tappet Covers , Oil Tank Cover , Tear drop mirrors, Timing Cover, Rocker Box Covers , Rear Master Cylinder Cover , Demon Pipes from Wicked Brothers , S&S Super E Carb, Khrome Werks T Bars, Billet Top Motor Mount from Yankee Engineuity. braided cables and lines, corbin seat, wimmer intake and head breathers. Custom Paint by Attitude Custom Painting
(http://www.customflamepainting.com/)

·
Registered
40 Posts
02' XL1200C

2002 XL1200C

Mods done:

Solo Seat (ebay $25)
Laydown license plate frame (Custom Chrome)
Screamin' Eagle II Slash Down slip-ons (dealer)
O-Ring Foot pegs (dealer)
Headlight Trim Ring (HD)
Chrome Flamed oval mirrors (not pictured) ($50 ebay)

I plan on getting the rest of stage one done at her next check-up at the stealer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
2000 XL 1200C

I'm sure I'll forget some, but here's a list of mods that I can remember:
replaced 21 inch spoke front wheel with 19 inch mag
sport front fender
chromed the stock fork sliders
passing lamps
relocated turn signals (front and rear)
sport windshield
teardrop mirrors
tachometer
chrome handlebar controls/levers/grips/all that stuff
engine guard
highway pegs (different from the ones pictured)
extended tank
mustang seat w/drivers backrest
sissybar
saddlebags (I put the studs on the saddlebags)
screaming eagle air cleaner kit
drilled jet
Kuryakyn forward contols
standard Harley pegs in normal position (to allow different places for feet)
Vance & Hines StraightShots
fatboy rear fender
chrome this that and the other (including swingarm)
recently replaced gaskets in rocker box - getting ready to do it again

A couple pics:

For more info about me & my bike:
http://home.earthlink.net/~biggs12104/BabyBlue.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Midlife Crisis

This is a Photo of my midlife crisis. I found this bike and it was love at first site. My girls told me to go for it. I have since added Cycle shack slip-ons, the screaming eagle air box, the tach, and the diamond back seat. I also have the back rest for when one of my girls ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Miss Scarlet's pic and mods

Here's what I've done to my '93 XL1200 since I bought it 4 years ago:

HD Lightning Star front wheel ($315, off a HD dealer on ebay)
National Cycle Ranger Windshield
National Cycle Light Bar
HD Dyna Wide-Glide handlebars
HD Forward Controls with Kuryakyn ISO pegs
Drag Specialties 3.6 gal. Quick-Bob tank ($270, ebay)
Mustang seat and sissy bar pad
HD sissybar
HD Fatboy rear wheel, polished smooth
Progressive rear shocks
Chrome late model primary
Teardrop air box with K&N filter
Chrome oil tank

This winter's project will probably be Andrews N2 cams, chrome the lower right side of the engine, and add V&H StraightShots.

I've posted more pics in the Gallery

·
Registered
335 Posts
2002 883 custom
-samson rip saws
-seeger chopper kit (42 deg. rake 7"over forks)
-detatchable sissy bar
-modified air box
coming soon: gas tank, paint, risers,

·
Registered
245 Posts
my 2002 883/1200

i wanted a custom like my wifes ,but they only had an xl883. So alot was changed immediately and I may forget some.
changed wheels to spoked front and rear.
forward controls.
added tach and dual gauge chrome braket with 4 inch risers
change seat to corbin gunfighter close.
lots of performance mods
se a/c
had se2 slip ons but changed to cycle shacks.
headquarters 883/1200 heads with 1200 size valves
removed crossover from headers
and just bought some andrews n8 cams.
dynod at 78hp and 76tq, i hope the cams put me over 80hp.
the wifes is stock 01 883 with the taxes paid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It Finally Arrived!!!!!

Picked it up last Friday afternoon, XL1200C. This is my first HD, very happy so far although I have to agree with everyone on the mirrors on the Custom, TOTALLY WORTHLESS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2000 883 XL

This is how it looks now, but this weekend we will START adding some chome & other goodies. We've already made a few changes from when we picked it up in this photo...added flamed chrome air cleaner insert, removed fringed lever covers, added chrome flamed gas cap emblem.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Sportster Makeover

Here is my new Sportster ! As some of you know, I recently got the nod from my SO to go ahead & make the Sporty my own as she has lost interest in riding it.1200 cc's here we come !! We took the top end apart 3 weeks ago. Shipped the heads & cylinders to Hippo for them to work their magic on :D I gotta tell ya, when the parts came back it was like looking at a Mona Lisa or something. Hippo & Charlie did all sorts of trick things to the heads and intake ! While waiting to get those back, I dropped in a set of SE .497 lift cams,Crane adjustable pushrods, Sumax pushrod covers and a SE ignition /coil/ plug wires. Also picked up a SE air filter kit. The CV carb w/Yost power tube got installed when the time came. For exhaust I went with a set of Cycle Shack slip ons. They have an evil sound to them.

I added a set of Flanders 33 1/2" wide drag bars. Hid the wiring in 'em too. Man there are alot of wires going to the idiot lites! Also added a Corbin Solo seat I had leftover from my old 88 Sportster. That year still had the little gas tank, so it took some special bracketry to make this work. I made a skirt for the seat, as well as the braided edge dash panel. The silver conchos even match the ends of the grips. I just happened to have a Scooter lab tail light & billet lighted laydown license plate bracket (say that 3 times fast !) that I saved off the Lowrider before I traded it in on RK. Of course I "spider webb" etched the mirrors just to be different.

Last night the wife came down to the garage, sorta pouted a bit & told me the bike doesn't look like her little Sportster anymore. To which I just smiled and said Thanks Baby, you're the Greatest !

Sorry to be so windy here. I'm just still stoked from the way it all turned out :D I'll let everbody know how she runs once the pesky break in period is over:D

I will post pix of the heads in the pix section so you can see what an excellent job Charlie & Hippo did :D :D :D:

·
Registered
18 Posts
my baby...

since the pic was taken, i installed a second front disk brake and removed the sissy bar. the bike is a '97 xlh 883 hugger. the seat is a synthetic leather badlander that i bought used(stock on Sportster custom's, so you'd expect it ain't too comfy), the tank is a custom chrome streched sportster tank (single right side filler with a flush-style lockable filler cap), and the bars are from a dyna low rider.

1 - 20 of 612 Posts