V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While this is far from my first bike, I'm am more totally excited about the purchase of my Pearl white Road King Classic then anything else I've ever owned, including other HD's. I could have picked it up tomorrow, but before I left the dealership I decided to go ahead and have them install the Stage I kit, V&H slipons and an oil cooler.

My sincere thanks to this board for a wealth of information. I look forward to some great rides and some tinkering. I already picked up the '03 accessory book. I'm know I'm not going to get any sleep tonight.

See you on the highway!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Cool first note. Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think you will like it -- I let (non-touring owners) friends ride it, and they say it's a like Cadilac. I agree...

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Congrats pbsaz!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! You'll enjoy the ride. My 03 Ultra is what I've been waiting for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I can say is that it is everything I thought it would be and more. I had two late nights Monday and Tuesday so I slept in this morining. Since the sun was shining when I woke up I decided to ride the bike into the office today. Hard to have a bad day when it begins and ends with time spent on my bike. Very cool, very cool.

·
Registered
688 Posts
pbsaz, So much envy... I get mine (RKC) in a couple of weeks. More envy... unfortunately it was 25 degrees this morning. My riding time will be brief this year. Got 3 inches of the nasty white stuff on my front yard now. Congrats!!! Still more envy!!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Congrats pbsaz - may you endure many :D miles

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I too like to ride my bike to work, the day always seems to go better and I know as soon as I get on it for the ride home every thing is fine. I am a little pissed how can you pick up a bike in Nov and have nice weather, oh it must be that california thing!! lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, what can I say. About 34 years ago my dad came home and said we're leaving Pittsburgh and heading for Los Angeles...and by the way since we know it will be tough on you, we'll buy you a mini-bike which turned out to be a 3-speed Chris Cycle. It was history in the making (LOL)

·
Registered
659 Posts
congrats on the ride - I've placed an order for my king classic but have to cool my jets until the spring - have a good one!
BigG

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Rickpoco, it must be a Ca thing. Yesterday, Connie and I met pbsaz for a late lunch in Malibe (Gladstones at Sunste bldt and the ocean). Rode over in a t shirt and levi's (had tp put a light jacket on when it got dark though).

Really enjpyed meeting Phil, surprised we haven't run into each other before now.

Makes it worth all the traffic, earthquakes, fruitcakes, etc (LOL).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts