V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yehaaa!!!
But... I wasn't real satisfied with how it went. What should I have expected? How did it go for you? And now that i am thinking of it, did anything come with your new ride othe than the bike itself, toolkit, etc?

The bike was just pulled out of the warehouse across the street. Maybe it was dusted off a bit but as far as prep work goes that was it. I even had to adjust the shift lever when i got home because on my ride home i could barley edge my boot under it to shift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Mine was completely detailed and on display with a "Do Not Sit On Me, I'm Sold" sign on it. My dealer makes a big deal about delivering a new bike, including a point by point introduction to the bike prior to riding off. They made me feel pretty damned good about my purchase.

I didn't get anything beyond what I negotiated for when making the deal. I did get a new harley davidson playing card and a clothes pin tho'.

Congratulations on the new ride in any case and how about putting up some pics.
 

·
The Alter Ego
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
8-Ball said:
Mine was completely detailed and on display with a "Do Not Sit On Me, I'm Sold" sign on it. My dealer makes a big deal about delivering a new bike, including a point by point introduction to the bike prior to riding off. They made me feel pretty damned good about my purchase.

I didn't get anything beyond what I negotiated for when making the deal. I did get a new harley davidson playing card and a clothes pin tho'.

Congratulations on the new ride in any case and how about putting up some pics.
@gree: Plus, the picture in front of the store that they hang up for the next month or atleast until the bulletin board is full. Introduction to everyone in the building, sales, parts, and service folk. The secret HOG handshake and a VIP card for 15% off everything for the next three months.

















Just foolin' about the handshake. :harhar:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
@gree: Plus, the picture in front of the store that they hang up for the next month or atleast until the bulletin board is full. Introduction to everyone in the building, sales, parts, and service folk. The secret HOG handshake and a VIP card for 15% off everything for the next three months.
Of course... my picture was much better lookin' than Rock's because... well... I am so much better lookin'. Sorry, Rock... just felt I needed to make that clear.
 

·
The Alter Ego
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
8-Ball said:
Of course... my picture was much better lookin' than Rock's because... well... I am so much better lookin'. Sorry, Rock... just felt I needed to make that clear.
Don't be fooled by 8-Ball's wit. A simple search for the "Post Your Ugly Mug" thread will rememdy all false allogations that 8-Ball is better lookin' than Rock. Bllahahahahahaa :harhar:
 

·
Infrequent Poster
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
Don't be fooled by 8-Ball's wit. A simple search for the "Post Your Ugly Mug" thread will rememdy all false allogations that 8-Ball is better lookin' than Rock. Bllahahahahahaa :harhar:
I ain't seaching a thread for a guys picture, sorry.... :nope:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
My experience was very similar to 8-ball's. I actually did not want to visit with everyone in the dealership but got the full tour anyway. I can find the service department if I have an issue and the parts counter is also fairly easy to find. But I did get a couple of T-shirts, a air pressure gauge, two key chains and a soft groud kick stand piece of plastic.

Overall a very good experience, car dealers could learn a thing or two. My saleperson was very knowledgeable and easy to deal with.

MotorCity Harley - Will Mertz

'06 Super Glide
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
Don't be fooled by 8-Ball's wit. A simple search for the "Post Your Ugly Mug" thread will rememdy all false allogations that 8-Ball is better lookin' than Rock. Bllahahahahahaa :harhar:
You have obviously made the youngsters mistake of not adjusting for age.
 

·
Who, me?
Joined
·
434 Posts
C'mon 8-ball , age disclaimers? I'm sure Studed Lace will give us the true skinny on the youngin 8-ball.

My 06 RK was a gift from my wife - although she sold my Dyna so I knew what was happening. Anyway, the ENTIRE dealership (Sales, Service, Parts, you name it) was in on the gig, telling me about the nice pink-ed out Vrod I was getting.

After I got to see the new bike, there was a complete walkthrough, small test run (it was snowing out), a few doo-dads. I think they did a fine job - even offered to pull the bike out any time I wanted to see it while it was stored. Of course I couldn't handle the bike being somewhere else and had it delivered a couple weeks later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Hannum's in PA

Hannum's is a MSRP dealership in Southeastern, PA. Bought both of my current rides there. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Both bikes were detailed with SOLD, Do not sit signs on them. Extras were installed, orig parts returned. Freebies were Discount Coupons for 90 Days, Key rings. First bike, Obligitory meet and greet of facility and staff, second time around, I managed to pare it down to Service Team Leader.

All in all, highly recommend.
 

·
The Alter Ego
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
dwarthog said:
I ain't seaching a thread for a guys picture, sorry.... :nope:
Awwee c'mon now dwarthog. You can be as tough as you like. But you know you went looking for our pictures. :265:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top