V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from picking up my new 883 Custom. What a rush. I live about 25 miles from the dealership and was totally geeked the whole way home. Can't wait for dinner to be over so I can go out for another ride.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Congrats, Jebster. I know the feeling from getting my first new Harley in '92. I get to pick up my new 1200 S Wednesday. The dealership is about 40 miles from home so I get a built-in ride just coming home. :)

·
Registered
875 Posts
congrats :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
I can only just guess how happy and thrilled you are to have your new bike -- it must be a great feeling. How hard is it to stay off of it or stop checking on it?
Congratulations and keep us posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I rode it to my family reunion today and had not even got off and a couple of my cousins came over to check it out. I usually go out to check on it before I go to bed. There is a bike night here on Wednesday nights so I will be going this Wed. for the first time with a bike. Been lots of times without so this should be cool. The MSF course has really helped. I find myself hearing the instuctors in my head as I ride. Always watching whats around me.Think I'll go look at my bike.

·
Registered
695 Posts
HA! HA! Couldn't even finish typing without stopping to go look at your bike -- some how I can just picture that.
Good to hear that the information and training you received from the MSF couse is helping. Sounds like you had a good instructor.
That must have been fun riding your new bike to the family reunion. Are you running stock pipes?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have an '03 XL1200S on order...supposed to be in sometime in November. I was told initially I could not get White Pearl, the allocation was set, no way, blah blah blah...I was adament about wanting white, they called Milwaukee and asked for an allocation switch (which means they substituted the 1200S for another white Sportster in that dealer's allocation.) I am so stoked...I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the anticipation is half the fun. then when you get the bike, you can hardly stand yourself because you are having so much fun. You'll have your bike before you know it. An early X-mas present to yourself. Mine was a birthday present to myself. I deserve it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.