V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of adding a windvest or something similar to my fatboy. I'm 6'4" so I guess I should go with a 16" version. Anybody got this and what is the verdict, good or bad? Any pics are apprecicated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Windvest pix on Fatty

Hi Mike!

I've got the 16 x 16 Windvest on my '05 Fat Boy - I'll send you a couple of pics via email - can't access them from this machine.

BTW, running behind on posting pics of the fat shifter rod on the forums, but I'll get there! The parts guy at Earl Small's took your info. and said he had someone in mind right then - hope you got a call.

The WindVest is a nice product (Kuryakyn was closing out a bunch at discounted prices). I'm not as tall as you - about 6'1" and I have a Corbin solo seat on my Fatty; I still get a fair amount of top-head turbulence from the windshield, but really did not want one of those big tombstone HD ones. I've made some adjustments to the angle, and the buffeting is reduced; guess it's as good as it's going to be. Bars might have something to do with it too - I put the Wild1 Mini Apes on, so maybe I'm more upright than I was with the stock bars.

- Greg

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts

It's a 14x14 tint. This windvest is based on the Sportster, because of the guages located on the handlebars. So if you have a Tach on your handlebars, then this shield would be perfect...

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
This is off their website. I like the look of the windvest vs the big ole windscreen. Hmmmmmmmm.....

That is one sexy, blacked out, Fatboy!

How removable are these? Is it quick or involved?

Also, where is the cheapest place you have found them? I found them at Parts Direct for $279 and some change. Anyone find them anywhere else?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GAPhatty, thanks for the pics, Earl's never called but maybe later they will. Not a big deal, glad you guys liked the rods. Haven't got around to a SS version yet.

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
Curtis629 said:
Thanks BigSwede, hows the rods holding up?
Its doin good! My buddy has yet to get his on his RK Custom. We have a bunch of mods to do once it warms up, so once we get them done, I will get you some pics.

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
GAPhatty said:
Hi Mike!

I've got the 16 x 16 Windvest on my '05 Fat Boy - I'll send you a couple of pics via email - can't access them from this machine.

BTW, running behind on posting pics of the fat shifter rod on the forums, but I'll get there! The parts guy at Earl Small's took your info. and said he had someone in mind right then - hope you got a call.

The WindVest is a nice product (Kuryakyn was closing out a bunch at discounted prices). I'm not as tall as you - about 6'1" and I have a Corbin solo seat on my Fatty; I still get a fair amount of top-head turbulence from the windshield, but really did not want one of those big tombstone HD ones. I've made some adjustments to the angle, and the buffeting is reduced; guess it's as good as it's going to be. Bars might have something to do with it too - I put the Wild1 Mini Apes on, so maybe I'm more upright than I was with the stock bars.

- Greg
Hey Greg, can I get some pics as well? [email protected]. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts