V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys don't have one yet (Harley) but I soon will. I want a low-rider and a windshield is a must. The thread about windshield recommandations was very interesting but I would love to see some pics of the various windshields ON the bikes.

Thanks in advance.

BTW - My choice between bikes came down to the Fat Boy or the Low Rider, both are awesome looking and very close to my heart. However, since the '06 dyna's have a rubber mounted engine, new 6 speed tranny, and I'm not that big of a guy (5'8") I figured the Low Riders foot placement would also be an asset as the fat boy floor boards seem about a good 6 inches foreward and a couple more inches down.

Feel free to comment and provide insight on my choice as well.

Hello, and thank you for your indulgence :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Justyntym,
Welcome and you will like V-TwinForum.com and the people here. I have a 05 Low Rider, and plan on riding it right through the winter if warmer than 32 degrees and roads clear. I have this for winter riding, and love it:

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N8513?

Thorns

·
Registered
181 Posts
There's a nice picture of a Low Rider with windshield and bags installed in the 2006 Parts and Accessories Catalog. You should pic it up at a dealer and have a look.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I scratched the standard 100th Anniversary compact w/s, so I got the tinted compact low replacement kit and used the original hardware.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Justyntym said:
BTW - My choice between bikes came down to the Fat Boy or the Low Rider, both are awesome looking and very close to my heart. I figured the Low Riders foot placement would also be an asset
:yes:
I, too, had trouble deciding between these two models. Have you looked at the Street Bob? That's what I ended up with. The foot placement on it was murder until I had forward controls (like standard on the Wide Glide) installed. I think the placement on the lowrider would be about the same. Anyways, after the forward controls, I'm so happy with the bobber. FXDBI

Here's how my HD windshield looks:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Hey Thorns, I thought I was the only one that used a Plexifaring. It may not be the coolest looking thing, but when the temps drop into 30's, it will keep you riding!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
You are correct about that. This fairing is awesome for the winter riding. :yes:

Thorns

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here's my bike 2001 FXD with HD standard height windscreen.
Crash01
Nice looking bike!
Is that the Mustang Touring seat? Also, where did you pick up the engine guard to work with the forward controls?

·
Registered
22 Posts
raig said:
Here's my bike 2001 FXD with HD standard height windscreen.
Crash01
Nice looking bike!
Is that the Mustang Touring seat? Also, where did you pick up the engine guard to work with the forward controls?
Yes, it is the Mustang seat w/ backrest. I am old and need all the props I can get. I don't have forward controls, they are the stock controls for the '01, so the Lindby crash bars fit. To my knowledge, you can't get crash bars to fit with forward controls...but, I could be wrong. It's been known to happen.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anything to make the ride more comfortable, means you get to ride longer! :cheers:
Is the mustang seat good for the passenger? My wife is the one who wants a new seat, she can't go longer than 45 mins. to 1 hour without a break. I don't think I would need to back rest for me but it looks comfortable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
raig said:
Anything to make the ride more comfortable, means you get to ride longer! :cheers:
Is the mustang seat good for the passenger? My wife is the one who wants a new seat, she can't go longer than 45 mins. to 1 hour without a break. I don't think I would need to back rest for me but it looks comfortable.
Once you have the backrest, you won't want to be without it. My wife only rides with me if we are dropping her bike off someplace, but she actually prefer's the Mustang pillion to the back seat on her E glide.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts