V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running PIAA or similar xenon type bulbs? i dropped a few bucks for the PIAAs on my passing lamps and they seem to make a difference -- one of which is that i now have to upgrade my main light to a brighter bulb since it looks really dim now.

was just curious if anyone else had any thoughts on these bulbs -- pros and cons, and whether they found a more reasonably priced alternative to the PIAAs.

thanks. :)

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I have been running the PIAA's for about a year on my road glide with the double headlamps. I was burning out lamps frequently before the switch, haven't replaced one since. (on the road glide the connector on the back of the lamps rubs and may cause this ?). I don't really find them any brighter and am looking into High Intensity Discharge lighting, the cost is very prohibitive ($750-1000 dollars for two lamps with ballasts). I do a lot of night riding and would like improved lighting. Most auto stores sell a less expensive alternative, I think (opinion) the PIAA's are a quality lighting company !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts