V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a few pics in the members gallery of my 48FL. I just started tearing down my top end today,( see Tech pages lol) If there is a intrest I can post pics of the work in progress. Ride Safe

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys and gals wish I could take credit for the restoration but an outfit in Garland did it. I saw the bike several years ago collecting dust in the back of Easyriders Dallas and asked the owner Rick about it. ( That style of H.D. being close to my ideal) He said a guy left it there on consignment then after a few months dropped off the face of the earth. All attempts to contact him failed and after two years he put a lien on it. He called me up and offered it to me and I said no I really can't afford it right now, after I hung up my wife told me I was out of my mind so I called right back and got it. You can't beat an OL like that guys. Had it for allitle over a year now and just now getting a chance to tear into it. Bike runs O.K. but never really trust a older scoot until I've had it apart. Love the foot clutch/ tank shift, learned real quick not to shift while making a left turn lol. Running into the usual problems on the rebuild. nothing time and money won't solve. Will post som pics, wish me luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.