V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a few pics in the members gallery of my 48FL. I just started tearing down my top end today,( see Tech pages lol) If there is a intrest I can post pics of the work in progress. Ride Safe

·
Registered
684 Posts
Roger48, that's a great looking scooter! Did you do the restoration yourself? Tell us about it.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Roger48,
For sure I'd be interested, mostly because I'd like to show my Father. He has several 40 model Harleys that he has maintained over the years, I'm sure he'd like to see what you're doing. I would tell him to just log on to this site but it was hard enough just to get him to email status. Nice looking bike!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Nice Bike!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys and gals wish I could take credit for the restoration but an outfit in Garland did it. I saw the bike several years ago collecting dust in the back of Easyriders Dallas and asked the owner Rick about it. ( That style of H.D. being close to my ideal) He said a guy left it there on consignment then after a few months dropped off the face of the earth. All attempts to contact him failed and after two years he put a lien on it. He called me up and offered it to me and I said no I really can't afford it right now, after I hung up my wife told me I was out of my mind so I called right back and got it. You can't beat an OL like that guys. Had it for allitle over a year now and just now getting a chance to tear into it. Bike runs O.K. but never really trust a older scoot until I've had it apart. Love the foot clutch/ tank shift, learned real quick not to shift while making a left turn lol. Running into the usual problems on the rebuild. nothing time and money won't solve. Will post som pics, wish me luck.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Really nice scoot, wouldn't like to have grown up in those days when that foot clutch etc. were common! Then again, there wasn't much other traffic on the road compaired to now, so if your gonna fall off, you're gonna fall off!
Patience an time says it all. ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nice Panhead. I'd love to see it in person; only seen them in the books. Like to see how that foot clutch and hand shift thing works, too. You got a piece of Harley history. Hope the rebuild goes well. J.T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts