V-Twin Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we spend a lot of time on the road, in cars and on bikes, a lot of urban and now suburban riders are challenged by money maker photo ops installed by governments that do not listen to the voters. Speed photos and red-light photos that do not carry points but will tag you every day of the week for $75-$150 a pop. It’s a revenue thing, take my word for it.

The point of my post is to seek testimony from those with personal experience with the PHOTOBLOCKER product, or another similar product.

http://www.phantomplate.com/

:badmood:

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Products like this should be illegal and fines 10 times that of the offence you commit should be levied if you are caught with a product like this while commiting the offence.

The roads are dangerous enough and giving someone a tool to run red lights or speed without regard, just makes them worst.

·
Registered
378 Posts
springer- said:
Products like this should be illegal and fines 10 times that of the offence you commit should be levied if you are caught with a product like this while commiting the offence.

The roads are dangerous enough and giving someone a tool to run red lights or speed without regard, just makes them worst.
Very well said, Springer. You got my vote...

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've also seen license plate clear covers that have metalic flake in them to also deter the candid camera.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I'm not nearly as concerned with speeding as a traffic hazzard as much as people running red lights. It's endemic here in Madison. Each and every day I see multiple instances of people blatantly entering intersections with the red light showing — and it's almost always cagers even in the midst of riding season. It really ticks me off, and I'd love to see some of those jokers take home a big fat ticket.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
I'm with you MadCity. I don't know anyone who doesn't speed. Especially those who ride motorcycles. I'm more concerned with the redlight/stop sign runners and the infamous left turn ppl.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I'm with you guys. Personally I think the speed cameras are kind of like cheating but the red light cameras are a good thing.

How many stories do we read right here on the VTF about some a-hole running a light and hurting or killing someone. Now someone wants to give themself the ability(and excuse) to get away with it.

If you knowingly break a law and get a ticket, suck it up and be a man.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
If you are going to be illegally photographed then these products need to be readily available in the local dollar general store.

I hope it works as well as it says it does.

Hey there camera :finger: .

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Fatb0y said:
If you are going to be illegally photographed then these products need to be readily available in the local dollar general store.
Don't know what it is like in Tennessee but if you walk in any store in Illinois it is highly likely you are being filmed. It is not illegal!

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Smokey said:
Don't know what it is like in Tennessee but if you walk in any store in Illinois it is highly likely you are being filmed. It is not illegal!
A store is private property. We are talking about public. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
I doubt seriously the camera's used to catch people running redlights, speeding or evading tolls are illegal. It would get thrown out of court everytime if it was.

Additionally, being in public doesn't make it illegal to take pictures of you with a camera.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
While driving/riding on public property there is no expectation of privacy. The cameras and the photos they take are perfectly legal. Just don't run the reds and you don't have to worry about it.....%[email protected]

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
MadCity said:
I'm not nearly as concerned with speeding as a traffic hazzard as much as people running red lights. It's endemic here in Madison. Each and every day I see multiple instances of people blatantly entering intersections with the red light showing — and it's almost always cagers even in the midst of riding season. It really ticks me off, and I'd love to see some of those jokers take home a big fat ticket.
That's the problem with the emphasis on speeders...we have a huge number of injury/fatality accidents associated with running red lights/stop signs, not stopping before a right on red, not using turn signals for any maneuver, failing to yield right-away and tailgating. The police here responding to allegations of targeting large fine violations stated that aggressive driving (ie speeding) caused more accidents on the highways which cause the most fatalities, but were unwilling to give injury/fatality numbers for the rest of the listed traffic offenses...

·
Young Harley Rider
550 Posts
springer- said:

Springer, good point BUT i dont agree.
There is a red light at a major road near my house, to which as those new sensor in the ground used to time the lights. And during the day they work as planed, but at night they switch them to 100% sensor mode and if i am coming home at 2am in the morning and i just happen to be the only person on the road those GD sensors NEVER PICK up my bike. No matter what i do, restart, puting the kick stand down, nothing. I just have to wait for a car to come by or just run it. And i do just run it many times, i look both ways and treat it just like a stop sign where i only have the stop. But its the best thing i can do. I have sent letters to the City many times, but living in big city they dont help.
So till they fix it, i will run that light.

·
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by Gunslinger
While driving/riding on public property there is no expectation of privacy. The cameras and the photos they take are perfectly legal. Just don't run the reds and you don't have to worry about it.....
Precisely. People are videotaped everyday from coast to coast in public buildings, like the one I work in. Not to mention ATMs. Videotaping people in public is not illegal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So till they fix it, i will run that light.
That's a little different then just speeding up and running a stop light with the stereo pumpin' and sipping on a cup of Starbucks because you're late for work....not saying it's true to the letter of the law, but it is true to the spirit and, if ticketed, would be alot easier to explain (and demonstrate) to the Judge.

·
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by Zuhaib
. . . and if i am coming home at 2am in the morning and i just happen to be the only person on the road those GD sensors NEVER PICK up my bike. No matter what i do, restart, puting the kick stand down, nothing. I just have to wait for a car to come by or just run it. And i do just run it many times, i look both ways and treat it just like a stop sign where i only have the stop.
I think that's a clear exception to what I'm complaining about. I'm talking about busy intersections with heavy four-way traffic and some yahoo decides he's in a hurry to get somewhere and runs the light. I'd certainly look the other way for someone in the circumstance you describe.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It is NOT illegal to be photographed in public weather you are driving, or simply walking around. In Minneapolis they have experimented with "anti-crime" cameras that take video and still photos of high crime downtown areas and continually monitor people in the area.

Just look at the aggressive free lance photographers who incessently hound famous stars, constantly clicking cameras in their faces. You may not like it, but there is nothing you can do about it. I see it is a kind of privacy invasion, but the Supreme Court says you are fair game when out in public.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.