V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just picked up his 04 RK Classic from the shop after having the following installed. 95" kit,SE flat top piston, Andrews 37G cam,Ported heads, Power commander,SE slip ons. It Dynoed at 105 TQ and 101HP. I rode it and it was fast but didn't really feel any faster than my 04 Heritage with stage II and SE 204 cams with stock heads. My Heritage dynoed at 91TQ and 84HP. Could the guy at the shop have given him a phony dyno or screwed with the numbers or is it cause his bike is heavier? I guess I just wasn't impressed.
I've just dropped my new scoot off at a different shop for similar but not exactly the same type of work and hope I'm not disappointed.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
WELL not much to go on without seeing the sheet, as well not uncommon for 95 with GREAT ported heads to make those numbers. Would need to know what comp ratio is it?? 5th gear or 4th gear pull, std or sae. ANy ways find out more info and report back would love to hear more

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry can't get a copy of dyno, he's in FL till the 20th, as far as the compression goes I know it's somewhere in the mid 9's so it's not hi comp, and all I know about the heads it that he sends em out to a place in Jersey not that that helps anyone. one weird thing about the shop where he had it done though is that all his dyno sheets have MPH across the bottom instead of RPM which bothered me and he avoided the question of at what RPM are these torque #'s. When he gets back I'll post the dyno and by that time my scoot should be done.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking that my self. My brother has a Ducati that he recently dynoed at 110HP and he was a little disappointed. The dyno operator said to him "look you have 110 genuine HP at the rear wheel, If you like I can give you a dyno sheet that says 150HP" So I guess anything is possible.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Those are about the same numbers my build made and the dyno operator was very creditable. My build is similar to his. See below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts