V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

This didn´t get any feedback in the seats and saddles forum so I´m reposting here:

Does anyone have any real world experience with Phantom Pad pillion seats?

Does the ppad seem safe enough to put your significant other on it?
I do realize it´s not meant to be used for long trips, but I´d be interested to know whether it shifts at all with someone actually sitting on it.

Does it mar the paint on the fender at all or is it really "paint safe"?

Thanks for your help!

Sponk

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Sponk said:
Hi!

This didn´t get any feedback in the seats and saddles forum so I´m reposting here:

Does anyone have any real world experience with Phantom Pad pillion seats?

Does the ppad seem safe enough to put your significant other on it?
I do realize it´s not meant to be used for long trips, but I´d be interested to know whether it shifts at all with someone actually sitting on it.

Does it mar the paint on the fender at all or is it really "paint safe"?

Thanks for your help!

Sponk
I put my Girl on one everytime we ride, trips less than 2 hrs. It does shift when someone is sitting on it, they have to hold on. I have had it for a year and a half and use it on a weekly basis. It hasn't done anything to my fender, so I will say it is paint safe. Overall it is a good lick and stick seat, just realize what you are getting into. Oh and by the way, if your sig. other has ever sat/ridden on a nice seat, you are screwed. They will constantly complain about the comfort of the Phantom. Its not that bad, just tell them its better than bare fender. Over all I like the product, I will see If I can get my girlfriend to post her opinions on it.

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Alaskan!

Thanks for the info. My GF isn´t going for more than a local ride on the thing anyway, so I guess she´ll be ok on the Phantom Pad. Besides, it looks like they now have one with saddle gel and an additional tab to fasten it to the fender. As long as it doesn´t scratch the fender I guess I´ll be ok.

My regards to your passenger!

Sponk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts