V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DALLAS, Texas (AP) -- Actor Peter Fonda is auctioning off some of his memorabilia from "Easy Rider," including the American flag taken from the back of the jacket he wore throughout the film.

Peter Fonda produced, co-wrote and was one of the stars of "Easy Rider."

Fonda, who was producer, co-writer and co-star of the groundbreaking 1969 movie, "just decided it was time to share some of his treasures with collectors and fans," said Doug Norwine, director of music and entertainment memorabilia at Heritage Auction Galleries in Dallas.

The flag has an estimated value of $50,000.

Other items up for auction October 6 will include a Department of Defense pin that adorned the jacket, Fonda's gold record for the film's soundtrack album and his collection of six movie posters, including those for "Easy Rider" and "Ulee's Gold."

In one scene from 1969's "Easy Rider," Fonda's character throws his wristwatch away. But it wasn't the Rolex that Fonda wore in the movie's earliest scenes, which is part of the auction.

"There was no way Peter was going to risk damaging the watch, naturally, so a different one was used for the scene where his character tosses it away," the catalog listing explains.

(link)

·
Turgid member
1,941 Posts
I'd sell that flag too, if it was worth that much.

I have an original album of the soundtrack that I will let go for a mear $10,000. It was actually bought around the time the film was released! Fonda is on the cover, and includes the hit "Don't Bogart That Joint".

·
Turgid member
1,941 Posts
Steelhorse said:
I'd like to buy the shotgun and use it on his a-hole sister.................
I was gonnna say that too, but I figured they buried that sucka with the cracka.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
I have 2 ticket stubs from the original showing of "Deep Throat" at the Pussycat Theater in downtown Hollywood. The movie came out in the fall of '72. A fellow Marine Lance Corporal and I were "exploring" the area in my 1963 Plymouth Valiant with a 225 slant six (a real head-turner) when we saw the sign....being from small towns in Missouri and Virginia...we just had to go see. Tickets were a dollar. Man that movie was somethin to see back then..Holy Smokes. We didn't tell the wives for awhile.

Sorry to go off-topic but I figure I will have better luck selling my ticket stubs in here than Fonda will have selling his flag. The guy that buys it most likely doesn't even ride much.

Okay..who'll bid $10?:corn:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
steveusmc said:
I have 2 ticket stubs from the original showing of "Deep Throat" at the Pussycat Theater in downtown Hollywood. The movie came out in the fall of '72. A fellow Marine Lance Corporal and I were "exploring" the area in my 1963 Plymouth Valiant with a 225 slant six (a real head-turner) when we saw the sign....being from small towns in Missouri and Virginia...we just had to go see. Tickets were a dollar. Man that movie was somethin to see back then..Holy Smokes. We didn't tell the wives for awhile.
Sorry to go off-topic but I figure I will have better luck selling my ticket stubs in here than Fonda will have selling his flag. The guy that buys it most likely doesn't even ride much.
Okay..who'll bid $10?:corn:
MY old girlfriend has original, unused tickets to the last Elvis concert. Her husband lost his wallet just before the concert and it was returned in the mail a week after the concert was over with the tickets still in it.

If'n I had my druthers, I druther have Billie's hat and fringed buckskin jacket. Maybe Jack's helmet.
I saw Dennis Hopper being interveiwed on some program about 6 months ago, and it seems he and Peter haven't spoken since that movie was made. Dennis claims Peter's production company never paid him his share. Too bad. No wonder they've never been in another movie together. I heard Jay Leno was going to bid on the flag. I believe he has a couple of bikes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I read that Dennis was terified of riding and hated every minute of it. That's why they never made another, well that and they died in the end.

·
Turgid member
1,941 Posts
98rk said:
I read that Dennis was terified of riding and hated every minute of it. That's why they never made another, well that and they died in the end.
You could tell. Every time he was riding at 10 mph or under, he had his feet sticking out wide so he wouldn't fall over. It's really funny to watch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hopefully they aren't trying to sell the original movie bikes since they were stolen right after the film was completed. All Captain America / Billy bikes on the road today are reproductions (fakes).

·
Registered
552 Posts
You fellas, can badmouth Fonda and Easyrider all you want but in 1969, that movie got a lot of young guy's motor's running.
As for the value of Fonda's stuff? Whatever the market will bear right?
Maybe a few of you would sell your Daytona Beer collector cans:hystria: :ntlgh: for big bucks?:laugh:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
highrider said:
Maybe a few of you would sell your Daytona Beer collector cans:hystria: :ntlgh: for big bucks?:laugh:
I kept an unopened box of the 24oz 100 anniversary cans of MGD. Cuz ya never can tell. I had an unopened 6 pack of 'Billy' beer, but got divorced and had to leave it. She probably drank it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Billy-Beer-6-pack-Unopened-25yrs-old-Brewed-Utica-NY_W0QQitemZ200153319242QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3918QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Wait a sec........I think the beeeeeeeeyatch is selling it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (For big bux)

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
what he really said........

OLuminous1 said:
DALLAS, Texas (AP) -- Actor Peter Fonda is auctioning off some of his memorabilia from "Easy Rider," including the American flag taken from the back of the jacket he wore throughout the film.

Peter Fonda produced, co-wrote and was one of the stars of "Easy Rider."

Fonda, who was producer, co-writer and co-star of the groundbreaking 1969 movie, "just decided it was time to share some of his treasures with collectors and fans," said Doug Norwine, director of music and entertainment memorabilia at Heritage Auction Galleries in Dallas.

The flag has an estimated value of $50,000.

Other items up for auction October 6 will include a Department of Defense pin that adorned the jacket, Fonda's gold record for the film's soundtrack album and his collection of six movie posters, including those for "Easy Rider" and "Ulee's Gold."

In one scene from 1969's "Easy Rider," Fonda's character throws his wristwatch away. But it wasn't the Rolex that Fonda wore in the movie's earliest scenes, which is part of the auction.

"There was no way Peter was going to risk damaging the watch, naturally, so a different one was used for the scene where his character tosses it away," the catalog listing explains.

(link)
i need cash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts