V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has personalized tags on their bike? If so what are they? Here in VA its only $10 a year. HEZGON is an old Jerry Garcia tune.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have one. It says "Bugeaters". It is for the Cornhuskers, before they were named the Cornhuskers they were called the Bugeaters because of the bats that lived under the stadium. Most people think I have bugeaters because I'm on the bike, but all of the Husker fans know the true meaning.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Mine says "TEN33GO"....it's a cop thing. It basically means the SH!T has hit the fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony:D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I had "MENACE" on my cars/trucks for over 20 years until I got sick of paying the fee, currently $75 per year. They are issued in November around here and I'm getting it back. Bikes can only have 5 letters so I am getting "MNACE" for my bike. Mass has funny rules; ie: Numbers must follow a letter. Kicks the shyt out of alot of plate options huh? Check out all Mass vanity plates at www.massrmv.com

·
Registered
695 Posts
hezgon,
Hello neighbor! Thanks for the info -- I didn't know it was so cheap. (guess because I never asked --Duh......) HA! I've just got regular plates on my metric bikes but since I know the deal now I'll go with personalized. "cox9000" just ain't gonna cut it HA! Any suggestions? (except for the obvious like FNG)

·
Registered
32 Posts
A sign above my plate reads "hear no Evo, See no Evo, Ride ' My plate says No EVo

·
Registered
28 Posts
SEVANAH

HI GUYS,

I never thought much of personalized plates before, thought they were fun to read others, but of all the many metric sportbikes i'v owned over the years, I now relize I must not have had any emotional atatchment to them ! .

because when I desided to get a harley, and started really getting into the whole resurching and shopping thing, I discovered I was REALLY getting into it, and hey, this is kinda like getting a new girlfriend, heheh, so when I found the perfect bike, I thought she should have a cool, sexy name .

SAVANNAH, I thought is the sexyest, naughtyest (sp?), coolest girls name I could come up with, but had to adjust the spelling for what was available, and make it fit, but it's all good .

2002 bright red dyna wide glide, full chrome treatment, and soon to be fitted with a phat tail kit .

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Scot,

Not to get off the subject of license plates, but what Phat Tail kit are you installing on your bike?

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
28 Posts
phat tail

gunslinger,

I am looking into two versions right now, and have not settled on eather, ( explaigns soon to be ), the first one is expensive, but very comprehensive and complete, including a swingarm and transmission parts, and spacers etc. etc., but does not include a fender . web site is customvalley.com, they are in canada, the second choice is right here in long beach ca., and is vastly less expensive, but is more of a basic kit, including a fender, primary spacers, and a custom tail light arangement, and hardware, but not including a swingarm, ( there version alows you to retain your stock swingarm . there site is dmcustoms.net .

check em both out and tell me ( us ) what you think, I spoke with the local guy on the phone and the conversation was ahh, ok, but a bit rockey, but in his defence, he did say he was the only one there that day and was kinda burned out from being stuck on the phone all day fielding calls, so I am looking forward to a second talk with him before deciding .

I conversed the canadian guy via email, and his reply was prompt and very polite, ( hint ! heheh )

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well I'm fighting with the Michigan Secretary of State over my Plate, I originally had 4nic8 but after they took my money and submitted the order they sent me a letter saying I couldnt have it, I am countering with 4nk8 we shall see what they say about that one.

Back when I used to install custom car audio and security systems my plate on the show car I used was MOREDB, but it doesnt suit the new car so i just have a standard plate on the car now.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.