cv44 carbs are another sleeper if you have a dresser buy one
exhaust shop around read post from others
just a few thoughts it hotter than hell here in phoenix
short-block charlie

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Charlie, great stuff!:)

How about some performance views for a late model (e.g. 1998) Evolution 1340cc motor in a TOURING bike?

Specifically, if you owned a stock late model FLT EVO dresser, what "recipie" would you choose for a performance upgrade, with emphasis on lots of torque, ride-ability, and reliability? Let's give a hypothetical budget of $2000 for parts and head work (if necessary).

I imagine there is a "sweet spot" (in terms of TQ/HP) that exists between not enough performance and too much performance for a bike designated for high-mileage touring duty. Just curious as to what your opinion is on this?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Charlie - keep your views coming - we certainly appreciate posts from someone who does this stuff for a living and has mucho experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
...Ditto...

SBC, thanks for the input. I know you have more valuable things to do with your time, and this kinda info is what makes this Forum so great!

For those that haven't yet - Lean forward in the Foxhole (see Duprice's Post)!

·
Registered
55 Posts
k.b. hi perform hi comp. 10.2.1 pistons 211 screamin eagle cams adjust. rods, springs, titanium keepers dyna jet and bub stubbies (drag pipes) hi-flow breather kit cam bearing of course and the upgrade to sprung washer in oil pump is what ive done AFTER 35000 miles on my 99 king with no probs whatsoever

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on evo engines use andrews ev 27 cam is good for torque. we have started using vortec heads on evo engine with great success. gives more torque.keep compression below 10/1. you know those evo engine are
damm good work horse.i give more views in evo section over the weekend.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Ballpark on Power w/TW44

sbc charlie said:
andrews tw44 is alot like a harley 211 cam in my view. i think it one of
best cams that andrew makes for the twin cam engine.
short block charlie
Charlie - In your experience, what's a ballpark on power I could expect to see w/TW44G, Vortec heads, 44CV, SEII slip ons, 95", flat tops @ 9.7:1 or thereabouts? What kind of torque and where. Ditto HP and when does it stop pulling?

FXDRYDER

1 - 10 of 10 Posts