V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a 06 FLHXI 26k, pcII, V&H pro pipe.... I would like to build a motor on a budget ($1500-$2000). I would like to get around 100' lbs.tq. Any advise you all can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and comments.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Seek and you Shall find

I'm sure that way smarter people than me will chime in but if you do a search here for builds you find that there are a 1000 combinations out there that will probably get you what you are looking for and around your budget if you do the work yourself. GMR has great 98" kits and head work to get you there as well as head work from Big Boyz and Deweys and the like. A good combination 95" or 98", new Cams, and good head work to match should put that grin on your face you are looking for and for right around what you want to spend.............cost is relative to your speed and torque desires.
I'd call Steve at GMR or any of the heavy hitters that are regulars here and tell them what you are looking for.............they are the best ones to answer this call.

r/ George

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Power

We can re-work your heads,(Stage II) bore your existing cylinders with pistons, a chain driven cam,( Bob Wood TW-6-6) pushrods, and a clutch spring for 1978.00. Tuned, this will show you right around 100 hp and 110 ft/lbs. Do you have a performance air filter?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
For the budget you listed spend the money in the head work and use a 95 inch / cast flat top piston. I would use hq cam as you would make your goal for tq, with a chain drive set up you will be within your stated budget. I feel that you would be happy with a tq'y engine, the hp would be in the high 90's maybe 100 depending if you play with the baffle in your current pipe. Tq would come on very smoothly and build fast giving you a extremely fun bike to ride.

Overall I do not think your budget is going to kill you for what your goals are. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts