V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the debacle with Wally` Cycle World over the wrong wheel arriving, I approached Performance Machine and told them about my predicament and only wanted to know if I could mount the currently supplied wheel and still use at least the brake caliper for the time being to at least ride.

They sent me a reply stating to get back to the supplier as PM could not advise, and I was enraged about this [email protected] reponse so came on here and bitched about it, and because of that recieved no help whatsover from PM which to me was a shock because of the price of their product.

Really pizz poor effort on their behalf considering I waited 25 years to finally be in a position to buy their wheels.............

Now I find even PM has stuffed me up on the front wheel order thru Wally`s Wankers as it appears the 13" brake rotor has a polished centre and not chromed as ordered by me and it has begun to change color, indicating that they supplied a polished rotor and not the chrome rotor I ordered.........they told me in no uncertain terms that they do not warranty their chrome outside of the US.............unbelievable!!!!

I am sorry I have ever heard of PM as well as they have completeley ruined any faith I have in them.....

Ozzie

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Probably to late now but I had a problem with one of my Weld wheels i bought. There was a very very small nick in the chrome. I called and they immediately said to send it back at there expense and shipped a new one out to me that day without even waiting for the nicked one to get back to them. They also have a 5 year chrome warranty. Ive seen quite a few PM wheels with chipped or defective chrome on them and there prices are ridiculous. Not that Weld wheels are cheep but not as much as PM. Buy the way I bought my wheels from Hog Pro.....Great company also !

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just so sorry I did not go to Hog Pro......................I was trying to remain a loyal customer to Wally`s Wankers..........

Ozzie

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just picked up my bike and met a few bikers that returned from the Oman, Middle East Run............250 plus bikes................

I was explaining why I have to run a HD Disc because of Wally`s Wankers and why PM have not made the other rear tiore yet and low and behold I meet another disatisfied customer who also recieved a dud wheel, this time directly from PM and they still took 8 weeks to deliver the correct wheel here in Bahrain.

PM...........Why Bother...................Ozzie

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
FWIW -

I've been looking into a new rear wheel to set up for the track. PM makes some nice, lightweight ones, but I to Weld, or someone else. Won't be PM.

Unfortunately, businesses sometimes get too big too fast and forget how to deliver the service and/or product that made them successful. Maybe that's the case with PM, or maybe they've just become arrogant. As for Wally's -- inexcusable. I called them on something a while back. The person wasn't real knowledgeable, I was kept on hold for a while and the item was back ordered. I ended up buying elsewhere.

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Just picked up my bike and met a few bikers that returned from the Oman, Middle East Run............250 plus bikes................

I was explaining why I have to run a HD Disc because of Wally`s Wankers and why PM have not made the other rear tiore yet and low and behold I meet another disatisfied customer who also recieved a dud wheel, this time directly from PM and they still took 8 weeks to deliver the correct wheel here in Bahrain.

PM...........Why Bother...................Ozzie
Obviously PM is too high and mighty to apperciate its lowly customers who spend thier hard earned cash on their product...Reminds me of RB racing.
Got my wide ass tire kit and wheels from hog pro very good customer service.

·
Registered
901 Posts
WHAT????!!!!! But on TV they said they were all about the customer!!!

While I sympathize with your situation, I must say I am shocked.

I've seen PMI for weeks now on all those "educational" Tuesday night TV shows and they seem like such nice folks.

The kid, especially, seems real down-to-earth.....

:roflback:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts