V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Screamin' Eagle
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... so I've done a couple of posts in the Engine Mod section and thought I'd round out my build planning with a post here.

I currently have a '04 FXDI with an SE Stage I, race tuned, and V&H short shots. I am planning on doing a 95" build with SE MCR heads, 10:1 compression and either the Woods T6 or SE-251 cam and the obvious SERT re-tune.

My question is would it be worth, from a performance standpoint, to also invest in a 2-in-1 pipe. I don't know if I like the looks of those yet, but from what I am reading this may yield considerable additional performance. If I am looking for performance what would you recommend and why? Thunderheaders, Fat-Cats, V&H 2-1, V&H 2-1-2?

And another comment... I personally think a few less dbs and a bit deeper sound would be preferred. I used to run straight long drags on my sporty though.

Thanks. - Eric

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Your build and a pro-pipe done correctly will be a torque animal. I built one with the 251 cams with baisley heads and I was amazed at the low end. The power band was really impressive.

That said, be ready for valve noise with either cam.

Also know that the pro-pipe with that build will NOT be quiet. I had to start wearing ear plugs to stop the ringing I had all day.

Chris

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I put the Pro pipe on my Dyna with the Stage 1 AC and SE-203 cams before I had the remainder of the engine work done. Seat of the pants said I gained some power. With my mild build I am getting 94 HP and 99 foot pounds on a Dr Dyno tune. The Pro pipe is not real loud, but my hearing is shot anyway.

Dyno chart
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101119

Pro pipe on a Dyna (FXDX)

·
Screamin' Eagle
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Performance pipes for 95" build

- removed merged double post - thanks YankeeBob

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
fj1200 said:
The Pro pipe is not real loud, but my hearing is shot anyway.
When you put a pro-pipe with a high compression engine it WILL get louder. The one I had really barked, even when being easy on it and the neighbors didn't like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts