V-Twin Forum banner

Highway Pegs?

• Always, I love 'em!

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Never, you wouldn't catch me dead with those things!

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Seldom, I have 'em but they are really just for looks.

Votes: 2 3.3%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
frankencat said:
Do you run highway pegs? Why or why not and if so what kind?
ISO-pegs mounted to the built-in highway peg mounts on my H-D crash bar. I don't use 'em around town, just on the road.

T113

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Got them on my crash bars of my Electra Glide. Got them to be able to change position on long trips. Rarely use them on local rides unless the ride involves a long stretch on a highway.

H

·
0 Posts
I put them on my first touring bike. Thought they'd be really good to have. Never really used them. Never bothered putting them on any bike since.

Harris

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
Just on the freeway when there's no traffic.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
I wish I knew you better, Martha, especially with you putting this up right after my post.
Must.......behave...........
You're killin' me here, Martha!

·
Retired
1,832 Posts
I have the stock forward controls. No reason for anything else.

·
CMA-er
973 Posts
MegaGlide said:
I wish I knew you better, Martha, especially with you putting this up right after my post.
Must.......behave...........
You're killin' me here, Martha!
Ha!:wootdnc: I wish I could say I wrote it that way on purpose, just for you! That's funny!

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
I put some on my mustache bar because the foot rests on top were too high. I have only used mine once, on a nice stretch of highway, and love them. Helps me stretch the legs out. Can't wait to use them on a trip.

·
Registered
509 Posts
ISO pegs midway up the crash bar. Use em all the time, especially around town, keeps the gyno exam look going doncha' know. I do use them all the time, I got used to the fwd controls on my Spotster and can't get used to the mid floor boards. Around town I'm more and more using the floor boards for safety and reaction time.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I have 'em on my RK and use them all the time. It really helps to be able to stretch out on a long ride.
I have some inexpensive HD ones (I think they were $39).

·
Registered
55 Posts
i got 'em... love 'em... don't use them much on short trips around town - mainly on longer trips. it's nice to be able to stretch out a little...

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I love 'em!!!! Mostly used on highways or long country roads. City riding can be a little dangerous IMHO.

Ride Safe - Ken

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
I use mine as often as is safely possible. I'm always looking for some extra room.

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
I have highway pegs on my Dyna and I love them. However, I am very careful as to when I use them. Never in traffic, only on the highway. That's why they are called highway pegs...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts